Review Highlights
Getting better each month

Improvements continue to help this course as each month goes by. Greens are rolling well, fairways... read more

Reviewed 9 September 2017
orccim
Mooresville, North Carolina
via mobile
Course is improving, a work in progress

Reviewed 29 July 2016
orccim
Mooresville, North Carolina

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2016

New ownership here in the last month or so and course is being renamed "The Revival at The Crescent Golf Club" to reflect the aspirations of the new owners.

This course has been around for a while. My father-in-law from Mocksville used to play here regularly 20 years ago. This was my first time playing and apparently the course conditions have varied considerably over the years. I can say that when I played in October 2016, the conditions were very good. Sure some of the fairways had some rough spots and some of the greens were burned out. The bunkers are mostly unplayable, though they were clearly starting to work on those. But most lies in the fairways and most of the greens were in good to excellent condition. The greens were actually quite good, which is fortunate because many of the greens are quite long (a rangefinder is helpful, or pay close attention to the color of the flag since it can be 30 yards difference from front to back on some).

I would say that $20-$30 is a fair green fee for this course, depending on when you want to play. I actually made a reservation on GolfNow for $10/each only to get an email from the course saying they are no longer participating in GolfNow, but the new owners could not get GolfNow to take them off their site. To their credit, the golf course honored my GolfNow price.

Pace of play was excellent, customer service was excellent. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Played last weekend and the course is slowly getting better. The greens were much better than a couple months ago. The fairways are showing improvment, still some rough spots and bare areas, but again improving. The bunkers are still in poor condition, we played preferred lies and it was manageable. The rates have risen some, but still a good course for the money, ($30 for early weekend). Playing again this weekend.

1  Thank orccim
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

15 months ago I felt this course was toast. It was worst course conditions I had ever played. I read they have new owners, so I gave it another try. Pro shop guy was friendly. Pro shop clean and carts were nice(except no ball/club wash or sand on board.)Rating 3.0 But I was there for the course. Here's what I found: Greens: Impressive work! A little on the slow side, probably an 8 or 9. Somewhat tough to stick an approach, but very few burned/bare spots and nice grass. Rating 4.0(out of 5) HUGE improvement!
Fairways- Improved. A work in progress. You can't undo 7 years of neglect overnight(or in 1-2 seasons). Excited about where they are headed. Rating 2.5 TeeBoxes- same as fairways. White tees worse than the others(maybe close those and stagger whites with gold one hole/blue the next?)rating 2.0
Rough- it was well... rough. I kind of liked it. It was natural, thick sometimes. It reminded me of the courses around Pinehurst. You are supposed to be penalized a little for missing fairway. Again, years of neglect still shows with too many bare spots. Rating 2.5
Bunkers- they obviously haven't addressed that major problem yet. Rating 0.
Summary- I'll return. Someone now cares and it's showing. If they maintain progress, this track will be very nice in 2-4 years.

2  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed 12 January 2016

It seems as if new management has started to begin some improvements on the golf course. The staff was friendly and told me about course conditions.

Reviewed 20 July 2015

We have enjoyed this course since we moved to Salisbury, but it has continually gotten worse and this trip was very disappointing. We have heard that the course has struggled financially, and apparently now they have literally sold the sod from many of the fairways. In most cases, it is in areas not in play, such as just in front of the tee boxes, but the course is still in bad shape. May of the greens are damaged and the fringe is often very bad too. We felt like we had to chip and putt through land mines throughout the round. The front nine was the worst. I included pictures of the worst and best areas.

The course has many clay bunkers and they were in decent shape. There are a few water hazards also. Most fairways are tree lined and some are narrow. This could be a fun course if it was maintained better. We paid $55 for two to ride with a bag of balls to hit (after 11:00). I believe it was $28 before 11:00. You just can't charge your standard rates when the course is in this bad of shape (and no mention of it when paying).

We've also had hit or miss service here. Frank is always very friendly, but we experienced others that are almost borderline rude. It's sad, this course could be so much more.

2  Thank TracyTravelsOn