Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tracey G

Fantastic

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Mar 2023
Fran and Brendan, what a gorgeous salt of the earth couple and warm, welcoming hosts, the location is perfect, waking up to singing birds and amazing views, Fran's cooked breakfasts - mwhah! Def recommend x
Date of stay: March 2023
5.6 km from Tranquil Retreat Esperance
  • Tripadvisor
5.3 km from Tranquil Retreat Esperance
Free parking
USB charging station either side of the bed!
  • Tripadvisor
AU$176
    AU$176
3.3 km from Tranquil Retreat Esperance
Free parking
Kitchenette, comfy lounge, full sized fridge, everything you need!
  • eDreams
6.5 km from Tranquil Retreat Esperance
AU$137
    AU$137
7.0 km from Tranquil Retreat Esperance
View more hotels in Esperance
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2023

My wife and I stayed at Tranquil Retreat for four nights and totally loved the experience. Fran and Brendan were the perfect hosts making a yummy cooked breakfast every morning and giving us tips on the best places to visit in Esperance. We would thoroughly recommend staying at this beautiful B&B. Would definitely visit again.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2021

Stayed 5 nights with Fran and Brendan at Tranquil Retreat and it was wonderful. The whole setting, from the bedroom to the huge en-suite, and having access to the whole place was terrific. Breakfasts were outstanding, with cereal, fruit or full breakfasts and huge choice of toasts etc. Fran went out of her way and cooked my up a beautiful birthday breakfast of scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and lashings of bacon. They also went out of there way to help us with directions around Esperance, bookings at eateries and advice of tourist spots was much appreciated. Only 5 mins from Esperance central, so distance not a problem. Both Fran and Brendan were terrific hosts, and we loved our stay at Tranquil Retreat. Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 19 March 2021

Esperance was my birthday trip and my 1st accommodation was at Fran's and Brendan's house. They were superhosts that made my stay so special and enjoyable that I didn't wanna leave. Their hospitality and warmth are just as what all other reviews say and so much more! After a long drive, I was warmly welcomed by Brendan and was showed around his beautiful house. I really admire all the amazing needleworks by Fran. She's so talented!!! The upstairs room was quite special and because the house sits right at the top, you can see the views pretty much 180 degrees. I saw a beautiful sunset too. Fran provided many good local places and tips and even helped making a restaurant booking for me at the very last minute.

My room was very comfortable and I had great night sleep. The location couldn't be more perfect: close enough to town and yet it felt a worlds away from all the buzz. A befitting name indeed: A Tranquil Retreat. The other thing I really miss was the already-included morning breakfast time where we're treated to fresh fruits and continental breakfast and then Fran would cook delicious hot breakfast. We would all sit together and have lively chats which was just so lovely hearing all about their life stories. We could have chatted for whole day! I love3x their dog too that always licked my feet asking for food :-D He's so cute!

One very minor thing I disliked: the showerhead. It splashed to every direction making showering a bit tricky and slow.

Hope to be back to Esperance again soon. Fran did mention about retiring this accommodation which would be very sad indeed. So I highly recommend you stay at their house if you're in Esperance before they close it down. Those near-perfection reviews say it all.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Poikime
Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

Sue and I needed a long awaited break. Something nice! But at a loose end as to where and what to do.
Well this is how it all came about. Our Daughter and her partner were talking about visiting Esperance. So I gleaned when they were wanting to go. As a surprise, we did our research on the area and found a lovely looking place called Tranquil Retreat Esperance. After calling and talking with Fran, and found her to be polite and very informative and very helpful.
So much so I was wishing they had a spot for us, as luck had it there was a cancellation for 3 nights In 2 weeks time. We jumped on the opportunity. As well as booking 4 nights for our Daughter.
It was one of the best decisions we have made. From the moment we walked through the front door, we were welcomed into a beautiful exquisitely clean and impeccably maintained home. This is more than we hoped for. Our room was climate controlled and set to the perfect temperature, the shower was large and water pressure was excellent. Take into account we were on tank water, it seemed much softer and the soap lathered up much better than town water.
The water was also filtered so you could fill your water bottles direct from the tap.
Fran and Brendon were there for a chat about the area and have extensive knowledge of the area. Brendon who has been a local his life came from a farming background since 1893, and 4 generations. We had great conversations over a cuppa in the mornings and over a beer at night. This place is very welcoming and relaxing and is the best place to go to unwind. With help of Fran, we worked out 3 solid days of seeing the most incredible beaches, some you can drive on if you are 4x4 capable.
Add to all of this, you get an amazing breakfast choice that you will find hard to beat anywhere in the world.
We can not rate this place highly enough and will recommend tTranquil Retreat Esperance to all of our traveling friends.
We will be back!!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brendan Freeman, General Manager at Tranquil Retreat Esperance, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

We were delighted to share our home with such lovely guests
So pleased you took notice of my itinerary so you didn't miss the best and whitest beaches in Australia
Look forward to sharing your company again

Warm Regards
Brendan and Fran

Reviewed 28 February 2020

My husband and I were due to stay at the Tranquil retreat for 3 nights but had to cancel last minute due to a family emergency. The owners were incredibly understanding and supportive and we’re extremely grateful. We will definitely be back here to stay once we make it down to Esperance. Thank you.

Date of stay: February 2020