Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
AU$163
UKduchess
UK

Black Hole of Calcutta

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Mar 2024
This was the worst motel I’ve ever been to. The room had no window to the front. The back window was a patio door which led in to an alleyway which was dark so we had to have the light on and meant we had to close the curtains so no one could see in. It was like the black hole of Calcutta!
We couldn’t change the room as the place was fully booked. I booked this in November! So I didn’t get what was arguably the worst place in the motel.
The shower made a horrendous noise when turned on.
Anyone booking this place please demand they don’t get room 12, 13 or 14!
I will not recommend this “Comfort Inn “ to anyone.it is NOT COMFORTABLE.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Don’t stay here
Trip type: Travelled with friends
  • Booking.com
    AU$155
0.3 km from Comfort Inn Bay of Isles
Free parking
USB charging station either side of the bed!
    AU$341
2.4 km from Comfort Inn Bay of Isles
  • Vio.com
0.4 km from Comfort Inn Bay of Isles
View more hotels in Esperance
All reviews across the road great bathroom family room spacious room easy access would definitely stay here again motel esplanade accommodation beaches bedding bonus pressure bbq
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2023

We were here for 3 nights. The room was very clean with plenty of space.
The queen bed was very comfortable. Plenty of space in the bathroom which had a nice hot shower.
Good location, no traffic noise and was within walking distance to the centre of town.
The staff were very friendly and helpful both in checking in and with helping sort out our TV reception. Good Wi-Fi.
Would stay here again as a lot of attractions were easy to get to.

Room tip: Get in early if you need to do your laundry as it's a small laundry.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2023

Stayed for one night while passing through Esperance. Room was clean and spacious and super quiet (room was at the very rear of property) Staff were friendly and no issues and would not hesitate staying here again. Did not use restaurant.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2023 via mobile

Great rooms. Spacious. Staff called promptly when I couldn’t work out the lights. Excellent features. Close by to everything. Bible.
Sufficient bedding.
For a overnight stay it was perfect.
Close to the views.
Staff friendly.
Was secure and easy access.

Room tip: Push key into door slot to activate lights
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2023

I have travelled a bit and this unfortunately would be one of the worst places I have stayed. We pre booked and paid for 5 nights. Firstly there are no allocated bays for parking your car. So sometimes other people (quite rightly) parked out the front of our room and we needed to park a fair distance away. Secondly it is on a major road so the rooms near the road (yes we had one) had to accept a lot of traffic noise day and night. Next they shut off all water in the complex for a couple of hours without letting us know they were going to do it. When I went to find out what had happened to the water and find out how long it would be before we got it back they said "... something is getting fixed and we don't know how long it will take..." I asked why were we not informed so that we could prepare for the outage. They replied "... well we did it after 10.00am after people have booked out ..." I asked - what about people like us that have not booked out? They did not answer. So we could not shower use the toilet or drink from their taps as we wanted to. With no apology. Talking of the taps (this place is old and run down) we had leaking taps in the bathroom that leaked into the cupboard below. The cupboard had a towel in it to soak up the leaking water. The bathroom was a bit smelly. As I said above this place is old and rundown a bit. I understand that not every place can be brand new but at least keep it neat and tidy. The room could do with a spring cleaning as the were lots of wear marks around the room and stain marks in the carpet. Lastly the office staff were not friendly. As per the shut off water issue above. When I talked to any of them there was no friendly smile, please or thankyou's. They may have been busy but those 3 things should be automatic as they are easy to do. But I do need to mention the young girl who cleaned the room was very pleasant and did all those three. She stood out as the only positive. I am sorry I have been negative but I just wanted to speak the truth and hopefully they will learn as I will pass this onto them as well directly.

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2022 via mobile

Arrived here pleasant greeting at reception the rooms very good. As for dining in this evening at ELJAYS restaurant ordered the seafood chowder (M) what I thought would be a main, dissapointed to say the least.
If you are going to charge $39.00 for a small entree sized dish and 2 slices of bread
I would hate to think of the dish size served up as an entree.
I took it up with the general manager and in his defense he offered me another meal and a drink to which I declined.Not in the mood after a dissapointing dine in @ Eljays....

Date of stay: December 2022