All reviewsguinea fowlwood firetwo storeythe main lodgethree nightsclose to townquiet bush settingshort driveno mobile phone coveragedining areamezzanine stylelovely forest walkslane poolbed and breakfastbeautiful placemargaretkangaroos
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This was our first year participating in the Dwellingup 100 Mountain Bike Challenge (supporting muscular dystrophy). We were in the Forces 40km challenge! Great event but thankfully made all the more easier with the luxury of our B&B! Mark & Margaret are fabulous hosts and go out of their way to make you feel part of their home. Modern, clean with the terrific ambiance of the Australian bush. Each room is tastefully decorated with loads of space for you to unwind. There is a great BBQ area outside which we and our friends made good use of. What more could you want?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kay G
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My partner and I stayed here for a "romantic getaway" weekend. Great hosts, Mark and Margaret, very helpful on what to do in the area. Although we booked too late and missed out on a private chalet we still really enjoyed the B&B. Surrounded by bush and Kangaroos (which the hosts have hand-reared so you can pat them) - the morning mist was magic! Will be booking again for another getaway weekend so close to Perth. We had also booked to dine on the Hotham Valley railway train and Mark dropped us off and collected us afterwards. After our car broke down, Mark was very helpful in finding us a tow truck company. Being my 25th Birthday on the Sunday I even got a surprise "cake" in the morning. Great weekend away!

Room Tip: Book early to get your private Chalet
2  Thank Aymee M
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Just spent Friday the 13 July at this fantastic b&b Mark and Margaret are without doubt the friendliest hosts you can meet. Would recomend anyone to stay in a fantastic,quiet beautiful location surrounded by forest and the many kangaroos We had booked to go on the Hotham valley night train Mark went out of his way to take us to railway and then in the cold and dark picked us up....a very kind act. So if going to dwellingup give them a try you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We’ve just got back from a lovely relaxing stay in Chuditch Chalet. It was so nice to have a Winter getaway only 90 minutes from Perth – really felt like we were back in England with all the lush greenery, didn’t feel like Australia at all! It was so peaceful, I never thought I’d enjoy being without my iphone, internet and TV – but I did! So relaxing to plug the ipod into the dock and listen to long forgotten music for the weekend. Mark had the wood burner lit for us when we arrived on the Friday evening and pointed out all the best spots in Lane Poole Reserve. The Chalet was well equipped, spotlessly clean and lovely and warm with the wood burner lit. There were Kangaroos hopping around outside, so friendly that they would even come up to you for a bit of a stroke! Would recommend to friends and family, one of my work colleagues is already intent on booking!

2  Thank nicolac34
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We went into our midweek holiday with no expectations; too often have they not been met! I can unreservedly say that all previous unmet desires were exceeding on this trip.

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by both Mark, and our chalet; Mark already had the fire place going. The chalet (Red Robin) was tastefully appointed, and drew you in to explore your temporary home. Fridge, microwave, gas stove all present, and the tap water comes pre filtered and chilled in winter (a function of being in Dwellingup, opposed to Perth, I'd wager)! The chalet was well maintained; nothing waiting to fall of the wall if you looked at it the wrong way.

One of the main attractions for us was the wood fire. It does a decent job of heating the downstairs area, and an excellent job of heating the upstairs area. If you get cold while sleeping, work out how to keep the fire going all night is my recommendation (or be prepared to up your clothing level around 4am)!

Dwellingup itself has a surprisingly large number of attractions, which are best discovered through www.dwellingupwa.com, and Mark & Margaret's deep knowledge of the area. The Blue Wren cafe was fantastic; my home made pie excellent! Walking through the bush is great, and there is plenty of bird life around. If you are an animal lover, make sure you help Margaret feed the Kangaroos at 4pm!

Probably the best thing I could say about this place is that I'll be back as soon as possible. For someone who loves to travel to new places, finding somewhere I want to go back is a telling recommendation. Full credit to Mark and Margaret for the hospitality they have created.

Room Tip: Red Robin catches the shade; nice in summer, makes the fire seem more inviting in winter!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends