“Best of little choice”
Review of Derby Boab Inn

Derby Boab Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Considering the place and the weather this was far better than i had imagined. It was clean, the air conditioning work, there was hot water and the staff were more than helpful. I may have been lucky because my room was good (compared to some i've stayed in at high costs in Syndey and Melbourne). Give it a chance and tell them what you want when you book then if they say they can provide it and don't you have a reason to moan, but remember you are a long way from luxury in Derby.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 March 2011

I paid $144 for a single bed in the worst room ever (the bed moved across the room every time I turned over). There was no phone and the bathroon was like a miniscule pre-fab cupboard. Apart from a dreadful nights sleep, I was soaked with rain the next day as when I left my room, I stepped straight in to the carpark without any shelter. The final straw was that when I checked my final bill, we were charged for meals that had been consumed by some other guests before we had even got there. The receptionisists response was "oh, sorry".

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Passepartout55
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Having lived in Derby for 3 years I booked into the Boab Inn for my last few days in Derby after the removalists had taken away all my furniture. On the day before I was due to catch my flight I spent the night cleaning my (rented) home and making sure I had packed everything I needed. As I was leaving my home for 3 years I spent a great deal of time packing, and then wheeled my luggage up the road to go to the boab (I do not have a car), where I was due to catch a bus at 6 the next morning. I arrived at the hotel at 11:30pm, and discovered that the hotel gate was locked. There was no after hours number listed, and no key for the gate was provided with my room key. I could hear voices on the other side and it was clear staff were still awake, but I was completely ignored when I knocked on the gate. Looking over the fence I saw that there were staff sitting with in, but they completely ignored my polite request that they open the gate. After waiting a few minutes I realised they could not be bothered getting up to let in a paying customer, so I dragged my luggage the half kilometre back to my unit where I slept on the floor for the night. This experience was incredibly frustrating and disappointing, especially on my last night in Derby. I strongly advise visitors to Derby to go to the King Sound instead, which in my experience has a far more understanding and proactive approach to customer service.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business