Lowest prices for your stay
AU$139
Phoebesmum10
Traralgon, Australia

Overnight stay.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 June 2022
Very nice motel, friendly lady to greet us. Our only problem was, being elderly we found bathroom floor to be a bit slippery after shower. Beds very comfy but ours was a bit like a trampoline when the other moved. I would come back at drop of a hat. The ones up back are nice and quiet.
Date of stay: June 2022
Room Tip: Try and get a room up the back away from road.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
0.6 km from Statesman Motor Inn
  • Vio.com
1.4 km from Statesman Motor Inn
Free parking
Deluxe cabins set in our tranquil bush surrounds
    AU$92
    AU$147
27.5 km from Statesman Motor Inn
Pool
View more hotels in Ararat
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021

This is slightly off the main road but worth the detour. The people running it are quite friendly and helpful. The room I had was comfortable and clean and little outside noise could be heard.

What was the best thing for me was the breakfast which was just great and very affordable. From memory I paid less than $10 for it and if you had it elsewhere you'd have paid significantly more. It kept me going for the whole day.

Would I return to the Statesman Motor Inn? Yes I would and for the reasons above. Not a five star motel but has everything those type of hotels have but maybe a little less in terms of the fittings. But if you want a good clean bed, clean bathroom and an excellent breakfast then this is a good place to go.

Room tip: Ask for away from the main road for quieter ambience.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

Originally booked this place for one night but a few weeks out I needed to change it to two nights. Emailed motel with the extra date I needed and got a reply to say we were all booked in for second night.

On day of arrival we drove past heading to visit family and one look at the place and I was thinking oh no what have I done. Anyway once we arrived at my Aunty’s place I quickly checked on here for other people’s reviews and was surprised at the good reviews so thought ok it can’t be too bad.

Later in day we returned and went to check in to be told I was a day early. I said No I emailed a few weeks ago to change to two nights. I could tell by look on the guys face that he wasn’t sure what to do, in the mean time I’m quickly checking my emails to make sure I had put the correct dates which yes I had. Eventually he said he did have a room, it was clean but beds needed to be made, give him 20mins. We went and did some shopping and then came back, to our surprise yes the rooms are nice, especially the bathroom which was very new and clean. Only issue was the traffic noise.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank emmam875
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

After a mixup at a local other motel I was forced to find last minute accom.

A quick call here and the corporate rate was excellent.
The rooms were clean and renovated with Foxtel, nice bathroom and lots of PowerPoints to charge phones and laptops.

I'll be back

Only criticism is the check in and signage.... Looks dated and no computer generated invoices.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

My room was recently renovated... large, comfortable and welcoming. Bathroom was a delight. Flat screen TV. Comfortable bed. A bit of traffic noise from the interstate trucks. Perfect for a night or two...

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank richardhN9267WF
Reviewed 7 October 2019 via mobile

On our way from Adelaide to Melbourne we checked into this motel expecting nothing more than the run of the mill small town aging motel  offering little more than a bed for the night.

We were more than surprised with the larger than usual room which seemed to have been recently renovated. The bathroom was particularly good, completely refitted, modern and spotlessly clean. This was room 6 but not sure about the other rooms.

The bedroom had a small table with two chairs, an armchair and new bench tops, etc. The drapes appeared to be almost new. There unit had the usual array of tea and coffee facilities, microwave, fridge, toaster, plates, cutlery etc. The TV came with Foxtel. Wifi was fine.

The owner confirmed that the renovations were done the previous month.

The motel is located on the highway about 1 km west of town. Although it's on the highway the rooms are at the back and reasonably quiet - apart from a train which rolled through town in the middle of the night. It's about a 10 minute walk from the supermarket and say 15 minutes to the main shopping street.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank John V