“Great bakery with extensive selection”

Tanunda Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Quick Bites in Tanunda
Reviewed 4 February 2022 via mobile

Came for lunch and was not disappointed. The extensive selection made it difficult to choose what to have. Quality food and friendly service. Wouldn’t hesitate to stop in again.

Date of visit: February 2022

Reviewed 29 October 2021

Drove from Adelaide to Barossa on errands on Wednesday 27 October 2021, and was anticipating a gorgeous slice of Tanunda Bakery's cream torte - my hard-earned treat for the day. A most disappointing experience!! The usually light and fluffy and very tasty raspberry slice was inedible. Old cream. Old sponge cake. I had to return it to the bakery and ask for a refund (the other slices of torte in the display case seemed of the same batch so a replacement was not an option this time). The woman who served me was less than apologetic and a little dismissive with a curt "sorry" and no eye contact. I will return to this bakery because generally their products are excellent.

Date of visit: October 2021
1  Thank integrity4us
Tanunda B, Owner at Tanunda Bakery & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2021

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your visit to our shop was not satisfactory. We will look into this and make sure that it doesn't happen again. Kind Regards, Management.

Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

We had the Egg & Bacon Roll for breakfast which was freshly made on the spot & delicious. I also had a Hot Chocolate - for a takeaway beverage it was very frothy & chocolatey tasting!

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 9 September 2021

great local business
great sandwiches and coffee yum!
we wish them all the best
filling in characters

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 7 August 2021

Came for lunch with my young son. There were 10 people in total in the dining area and covid restrictions stated they could seat 28 people. Ask a staff member for a high chair and was told they wouldn’t provide me one due to covid restriction numbers in the dining area. I said I understood this however they were below the capacity and could remove the extra chair the high chair would replace so they didn’t go over numbers and she just responded with I can’t due to covid and walked off.

Date of visit: August 2021