“We loved it”

Tanunda Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Quick Bites in Tanunda
Reviewed 9 September 2021

great local business
great sandwiches and coffee yum!
we wish them all the best
filling in characters

Date of visit: August 2021

Reviewed 7 August 2021

Came for lunch with my young son. There were 10 people in total in the dining area and covid restrictions stated they could seat 28 people. Ask a staff member for a high chair and was told they wouldn’t provide me one due to covid restriction numbers in the dining area. I said I understood this however they were below the capacity and could remove the extra chair the high chair would replace so they didn’t go over numbers and she just responded with I can’t due to covid and walked off.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank Mel86622583
Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

Having left lunch too late for most cafes in the area we found ourselves at this bakery. We each got a plain pie but there was nothing plain about it! The pastry was seasoned (you actually saw little flecks of green in it - thyme perhaps?) and tasted beautifully. The mince was so nice I didn’t succumb to my usual sauce. Honestly, even I had to rate this pie even though I’d usually avoid them. It was very good.
After this we shared a bee-sting and an Apple strudel. Both were delicious but the apple in the strudel was perfect. Nicely spiced. Not too sweet. Not too mushy. The best I’ve had for a very long time. It’s probably a good thing (for our waist-lines) that we didn’t find this bakery sooner!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 20 April 2021

Fantastic bakery for breakfast within walking distance of our motel not offering breakfast. Good options. Good coffee.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank LizB37
Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

I think this place used to be good but has gone downhill for me. Pie was a chunky steak with nothing chunky about it but lots of flour. So gross. Pasty was just ok and too much salt. Tuna pie very tasteless. I think they need to pick up their game. The locals obviously like it but there’s not much around

Date of visit: March 2021