“Good but not perfect”

Red Door espresso - Kitchen & Pantry
Price range: AU$8 - AU$29
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Red Door espresso. When you open the door to our kitchen & pantry you’ll be instantly taken by the warmth, relaxed chatter, world-class Barossan hospitality, sumptuous seasonal menu, and our fierce commitment to local produce and people. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, coffee and cake, raw and vegan treats, special kids’ menu, boutique Barossa Valley wines and a selection of craft beers. Come and make yourself at home at Red Door espresso.
Reviewed 28 September 2014

This is a cafe. Not a restaurant. Therefore you have to line up to order.

The food was good. The service friendly. The staff numerous.

However, for what it was, it was expensive. Also (Saturday morning) there was a singer/guitarist performing. She was not terrible but I could do without tearful ballads while I'm eating. Perhaps something less "meaningful" and more upbeat?

Reviewed 23 September 2014

As a local, I have visited here regularly. I like to take people here as they will always be impressed with the ecclectic decor and atmosphere of the place. The display case is always met with exclaimations of excitement and rarely disappoints. I have eaten breakfast, lunch and morning tea here and all have been of good quality. The Hot Chocolate Menu is a plus and I can never go past the Chili Hot Chocolate, but friends have told me that the other selections are just as good! Coffee also good. Meals always seem fresh and colourful with lots of flavour. On my most recent visit I enjoyed the Pumpkin Scones, served with butter and basil pesto.......they were delicious and I am already trying to think of a reason to return and have more! With both indoor and outdoor seating, sun or shade, stools or chairs there is something to suit everyone. I do prefer table service, here you are required to go to the counter and often this means lining up, it just detracts a bit from the experience. There is a self service area for water, cutlery and so on, which I don't mind too much, but when there is a line to order food, then in the same space people are trying to self serve, it can become a bit crowded and again, I feel as a whole Red Door would benefit from offering table service. Prices are on the high side (Breakfasts seem a bit small for the $$), but typically I don't mind as the meal in my experience has been worth it.

1  Thank TinaDunks
Reviewed 19 September 2014

Do yourself a favour and make sure you partake of the wonderful breakfast at this great little cafe in the centre of Tanunda.

Service was great, food was delicious, and prices were on the money. I could not fault.

1  Thank GrahamF59
Reviewed 6 September 2014

Great little cafe with lovely comfy indoor sofas and chairs and for sunny days a nice courtyard. Very friendly staff and great coffee and cakes.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

First of all this "cafe" is self service, there is plenty of staff standing around but you must cue to order at counter? Sorry but this is a pet hate of mine at cafés. Second the food is well over priced for a basic menu. Over cooked poached eggs on toast with some packet salmon and a glass of cheap champagne $25 if you want coffee that's extra ... Sorry that is a $15 breakfast tops where I come from. Won't see us back here.