“Fresh, hot food and friendly service”
Review of Riverton Hotel

Riverton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Riverton
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

This hotel provides quality food at a good price. Today we had Fish and Chips which were well cooked with a nice salad and hot thick chips. We also had a Calamari Schnitzel which was perfectly cooked and I chose Prawns and Hollandaise to accompany it. The four prawns were nice as was the sauce and the accompanying salad was also nice. Freah bread rolls were complimentary and the service was excellent. Fantastic once again!

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank Alex2607

Reviewed 30 May 2020 via mobile

We have visited here on several occasions for lunch. The food is good and the service always friendly.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank Alex2607
Reviewed 4 November 2018

If you're passing through Riverton at meal time then call in for some food. Super friendly country hospitality, combined with good prices and generous servings. Highly recommended

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 April 2018

You walk in........it's a country pub. Front bar full of locals, mixed genders but mostly farmers, shop owners etc etc all chatting away and very friendly. The bar staff are working furiously with drink and food orders.
The dining area is packed, probably more locals, couples, families etc again nothing special but comfortable.
I and my friends have come up from the big smoke to visit other friends that own the Riverton Railway Station.
The vegetable salad bar is ok and tasty, nice warm rolls and of course the obligatory pub raffle. All done with a smile and gratitude. I, and a few others have ordered the special, porterhouse with a bacon and Jack Daniels sauce, medium rare and chips.
I have eaten here once before and remember the fries being great.
You can always tell the calibre of a good pub buy its chips. These were great, chunky, crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, great but the steak! Amazing, tender, juicy, full of flavour cooked perfectly and the sauce was excellent, not to much just right. The first mouthful I rolled my eyes with the taste. Best steak I've had in ages, funnily enough the last time was a pub in Kapunda. They have some mighty fine protein up there. Couldn't fault it. Others had. Fillet mignon again very nice, my wife loved it, crumbed prawns nice, sweet and sow pork was ok.
But if you go there and do, go for the steak, particularly the porterhouse. I'll be back.
Maybe I'll win the raffle next time
Cheers Mark

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank marksE5628GN
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We were stunned at how friendly the staff were. The lady behind the bar even lent us her reading glasses as we’d both left ours behind.

Courtyard music on Sunday was relaxing and good quality. A wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

Date of visit: November 2017