“Nice ”

Linke's Bakehouse & Pantry
Ranked #1 of 6 Quick Bites in Nuriootpa
Price range: AU$9 - AU$32
Description: Originally a small bakery operating out of the Linke Family home in 1938, Linke’s Bakehouse & Pantry is now an iconic Barossa destination for locals and visitors. Using traditional baking methods and recipes, the on premise bakehouse produces fresh and delicious breads, pastries and sweets daily. We offer a dine in breakfast & lunch menu and fresh Vittoria coffee from 7am Monday to Saturday, sourcing fresh Barossa ingredients where possible. Our Pantry is stocked with a variety of in-house made goods, locally sourced products and a small range of kitchenwares. Come in and say hello to our friendly team and immerse yourself in our Barossa tradition
Reviewed 29 May 2023

Nice place for breakfast. Coffee is good.
Service okay.
A bit pretentious, but overall lovely.

Nice selection of cakes.

Date of visit: April 2023

Reviewed 7 May 2023

Well we would have gone here for a lunch but a little difficult as it’s only open until 12.30 Saturday and closed Sunday! In the Barossa tourist hub? I’ve never heard of a bakery with such ridiculous opening hours!

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 17 March 2023 via mobile

I recently took a group of Intrepid Travel bicycle wine region interstate visitors to Linke's Bakery. In order to spend more time in Hahndorf (our next stop), they decided to grab a takeaway lunch from here (at my recommendation) rather than have a long lunch at a Clare Valley winery. When I stepped in and told the staff member there were 10 of us, within seconds another 3-4 staff members came from out the back...all with big smiles on their faces. The service really was excellent and it left my tour group with a positive impression of Nuri and the locals. Great result...and thanks!

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 31 August 2022 via mobile

Four of us found this place for lunch recently and everything was delicious
Home made soup and garlic bread
Baguettes and scones were sampled.
Quick service. Very clean. Friendly. Great coffee

Date of visit: August 2022
Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

I have eaten here three times when I was passing through for work. There will not be a fourth.
The Barossa is an amazing place for delicious, local produce. This bakery fails on every level.
First visit I had a bacon and egg muffin. After a few bites, I threw it out. To my disgust, it was not freshly made, but precooked and reheated. The eggs were dry and rubbery, the bacon was chewy and the bread was gross and doughy. Expensive and inedible.
The second time I had a meat and salad roll. Again, quality of the ingredients was not what I would expect in the Barossa. I’ve had better salad rolls from a service station.
Finally, today. I decided on a ham and cheese focaccia, which they toasted. Again, the bread was weirdly chewy and dense. There was a very thin slice of ham, a little bit of tomato, cheese and relish. For the toasted sandwich and a bottle of orange juice, (daily juice) the total cost was $17.85! I found that absolutely outrageous for what was, once again, almost inedible.
If you’re in Nuriootpa and looking for a nice bakery, do yourself a favour and go 10mins down the road to the Tanunda Bakery!

Date of visit: August 2022