“Community Hotel in the Barossa.”
Review of Vine Inn

Vine Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Nuriootpa
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This establishment offers accommodation and dining in the Barossa region of South Australia. It is well presented and I have stayed and dined at this place. Surprising that no one has reviewed it as it is well and truly smack bang in the middle of this well known tourist area
Reviewed 13 November 2020 via mobile

Let’s face pretty much everything is expensive in the Barossa - the wine, the food, the accommodation... This is a pleasant motel style accommodation behind the community owned hotel - the Vine Inn in Nuriootpa. Normally $140 a night (I did say...) we had a Great State voucher so stayed for $90 which was a bargain. Room was a good size, quiet and a comfortable bed. Recommended.

Date of visit: November 2020
Chris L, CEO at Vine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Hello Mark,

Glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2020

Dined here on a cool and wet Friday night and it was busy, busy. The fire was going and the place had a very casual and welcoming atmosphere. Service was good, food was good (except one of our number declared the garlic prawns “a bit bland”) and ambience was good.

2  Thank Ouzo10
VIBmanager, CEO at Vine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Dear Ouzo,
Thank you for your review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your evening with us and look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit.
CEO
Vine Inn Barossa

Reviewed 18 October 2020

We had been travelling around the state for a week and felt the need for a good old fashioned roast meal with vegetables so tried Vjne Inn for Sunday lunch
Things started off well- we both had a bowl of soup of the day — potato and asparagus— a good size serve accompanied by a piece of garlic bread— tasty and filling
Things went downhill from here - my roast chicken was not what I expected a few rounds cut off a pre processed roll of chicken— tasty and tender but not roast chicken as I know it.Unfortunately the vegetables I had been craving were soggy bits of zucchini beans carrots and broccoli hardly cooked at all — I left them on the plate after trying valiantly but in vain.
My wife ordered an entree serve of garlic prawns which she said were tasteless and had not been seasoned at all— she was forced to add salt which she NEVER does
It’s all a bit sad really
On a positive note the hotel had in place good COVID-19 protocols with Plenty of hand sanitizer on hand— credit to them for this

2  Thank longhaven
VIBmanager, Other at Vine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

Hello Longhaven,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to clarify a couple of things. The chicken is actually breast meat which our Chef slow cooks and rolls. I accept that this may not be as you expected and that the menu could have led you to the reasonable assumption that you would receive a piece of roast chicken. I will pass your feedback on to my Head Chef relating to the other issues with your meal experience and thank you once again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.
Cheers, Chris Linden CEO.

Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

We were a mixed bunch of adults and children, all with varying needs. The hotel catered for us all very well. Good pub food, friendly staff and great service.

VIBmanager, CEO at Vine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Hello bingy0,
Thanks for your positive review.
We're glad that you all enjoyed your time with us.
See you next time.
CEO

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

Hi, I,m responding to a review my partner placed about our experience and the response we received from the Manager. I had a joint birthday celebration lunch with my sister in law and our family. We arrived at the restaurant and greeted by Amanda who we subsequently found out was the supervisor. There was confusion about where we where seated , but we found our table by ourselves. The table had 10 adults and 3 children. All adults ordered at the same time. The meals arrived for the the table , but my partner and I did not get our meals. Simple chicken schnitzel and a burger. We waited and eventually when the family had almost finished their meals I went to speck to Amanda. She said she would she what happened. Ten minutes later our meals arrived. My partners meal looked fresh but my schnitzel had a skin on the mushroom gravy and chips were cold. I returned my meal to the counter and said I can’t eat that and I wanted a refund , so could you please asked the manager to come see me. The manager never arrived, so I went back and I was greeted by Amanda who did not offer an explanation or apology, but defended what had happened saying that the food was cooked at the same time and that was their system.
The response to my partners review from the manager was that I was aggressive. I was not aggressive I was frustrated. I have worked in the industry for many years I know the difference. Amanda eventually agreed to refund our meals and did offer coffee and/or ice cream for the kids. No coffee or free ice cream came. There was still no apology.The response from the manager to my partners review was to say ,because we said we would not return he/ she would not enter into any further correspondence with us. Well if that is the level of leadership I can understand why the service level is so poor at The Vine Inn . We would not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: September 2020
VIBmanager, CEO at Vine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2020

Thanks for your feedback