Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews magpie shared bathroom local pub stump clare
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2023

I was walking some of the Lavender Federation Trail, so had booked my room and meal almost 2 months ahead, as I’d been told the hotel was often booked up with wind farm workers. Changed my date from Monday to Sunday 2 weeks prior, no problem or so I thought.
Arrived on the Sunday, room booking all good, went and laid down for a while. Mothers Day so hotel was getting more and more busy as the afternoon wore on.
Went into the bar around 6pm and ordered a glass of wine, said I have a dinner booking for 6.30pm, might just wander through now. No record of my booking even though I was staying there.
Got seated in a side area with another couple whose booking had been “lost “. All good but the smell of the toilets was not pleasant.
I sat for some 30-40 minutes, sipping my wine and reading, they were pretty busy so I was patient. It became obvious no-one was ever coming to take my dinner order so I went back to the bar. A couple had just walked in at the far end of the bar, with no booking, and were told “we can just get you into the restaurant “.
Then old mate came down to my end of the bar, oh have you ordered your meal yet?
Nah mate. Stick it in your jumper.
Very poor service. No hint that it actually may have been their fault. And no accountability or any apology.
Rubbish guys.
Would have posted a photo of my meal….. if I ever got to eat one.

Room tip: Check your booking. Especially if you are a solo diner.
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2022 via mobile

We were travelling with our camper trailer in the Clare area but were looking for a refuge during stormy weather. We stopped here after a recommendation at the Clare info centre. A lovely old stone hotel recently refurbished. Our room was very comfortable, shared bathroom very clean and well fitted out, delicious food at the restaurant and very reasonable prices. But the best bit was the very friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Magpie and Stump, Marketing at Magpie and Stump Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2022

Hi Neville,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad we could be accommodating to you and that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for visiting, we appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed 13 May 2022 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night on the recommendation of a friend. Small town pub with nice accommodation, clean shared amenities and toast, cereal etc in the room. Had the Stump Burger for dinner and honestly the best burger I've ever had. Go there. XL

Room tip: Mintaro wines is a short walk away and worth the walk.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Magpie and Stump, Marketing at Magpie and Stump Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Hi Peter,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Glad that you loved our classic Stump Burger as much as we do as well. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2022

Staying in Leasingham S A. Decided to eat out at the Magpie and Stump. Nice appearance. Meal arrived and the only part of the mixed grill that was hot were the chips, the rest was tepid at best. Four of us ate there only one meal was acceptable. We were the only people eating there.

Date of stay: April 2022
Magpie and Stump, Marketing at Magpie and Stump Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2022

Hi Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re extremely sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience with us. Please know that we value your review and we will be sure to raise this with the team. Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 April 2022 via mobile

Great little local pub with a good food selection. Drop in for a yarn with the locals and owners - mid week is a good time. Good is tasty and fresh. Great service and good selection of local spirits and wine. Good place for a debrief at the end of the day.

Date of stay: April 2022