“Superb food in gorgeous Auburn”
Review of Terroir Auburn

Terroir Auburn
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: AU$0 - AU$45
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With a weekly changing menu, Terroir Auburn is a true representation of the seasons. All proteins sourced locally, fruits, vegetables and herbs are grown in the kitchen garden and local growers. Weekly changing menu consisting of 4 starters, 4 mains, and 3 desserts. A strong focus on locally grown wine varieties, with a small selection of comparison varieties sourced domestically and internationally. We buy small amounts of wine to make sure the wine list is constantly rolling over and staying relevant to what is happening wine & beer wise in the Clare Valley. Sitting a maximum of 35 people seated and up to 60 standing. Personally Customised packages available, starting from $45 for 2 Courses. Opened in 2012 by husband and wife team Dan & Annika Moss
Reviewed 14 January 2024 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a memorable meal at this gem of a restaurant. It is open for dinner 3-4 nights per week and if you are staying in the Clare Valley and enjoy beautifully cooked, fresh food, Terroir Auburn is a must. It is a set menu that allows for dietary requirements. The wine list is very good and service first class. All courses were astonishingly delicious and came in perfect portions. Moreover, for such exceptional quality, the price is very reasonable.

Highly recommended!!

Date of visit: January 2024

Reviewed 13 October 2023

What a splendid surprise. Could not fault the service or the food. Delighted in every each way. Would highly recommend this restaurant to any and everyone.

Dale

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 1 September 2023 via mobile

We have had a few days in Clare and lucky enough to eat some absolutely amazing food so after many many local recommendations to eat at Terroir (especially for Wednesday's locals night) we did. Upon arriving (and seeing in through the window) I actually looked around the neighbouring buildings because I thought we were in the wrong place. My first impression was it looked like a casual Cafe, I think it was the lighting and particularly the large bright drinks fridge at the end of a service counter. Anyway we went inside and our greeting was warm.
I had the brassicas as the entree and it was obviously meant to be served cold and was delicious. For main I had lamb and lentils, while this was not fridge cold it was room temperature at best, I understand the lamb was probably well rested (as it was perfectly cooked) but the lentils were cold. I couldn't easily mention it to staff so ate it anyway. Dessert was semifreddo which was solid.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 16 August 2023 via mobile

Stunning cottage beautifully appointed. The best bathroom we have had so far especially the shower. Very warm. Suite 1 and 2 superbly located in gorgeous garden. Quality coffee tea and other drinks on hand Very warm.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 4 June 2023

My husband and I returned to Auburn solely to revisit Terroir Auburn over the weekend. We were not disappointed. We stayed in the beautiful accomodation on site and were very kindly upgraded upon arrival. Dinner was incredible. Truely we cannot fault this experience. From the moment we were greeted with the door opened for us to the last mouthful of an incredible dessert. I cannot recommend this experience enough. Thank you again Dan for such a great stay and incredible meal.

Date of visit: June 2023