Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
AU$300
Agoda.com
AU$300
Easy and fast booking
All reviews group of friends the main street cow cabernet balcony cafes kitchen towels accommodation barossa
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Honestly can’t think of a single place that I’d prefer to stay at in Angaston. Walking distance to several wineries and tasting rooms, super close to town centre, quiet AF at night - just the sounds of nature and weather to relax you. Beautifully laid out rooms.

Only downsides are as nice as it is it definitely feels like staying in your grandparents spare room - beds a bit smaller than you’d usually have at home, not enough extra pillows (most are decorative) but honestly for $200 a night the good 100% outweighed the slight discomforts you wouldn’t get in a city.

I think it important you remind yourself that you’re not in a B&B, you’re not in a hotel, you are very much in a homestead.

We plan on coming back with several friends to book the entire house out al- which I do think would utilise the amenities more (kitchen available, bbq, sit anywhere on the balcony etc).

Oh and it didn’t really explain some things but if the fortified wine was complimentary awesome! If not, oh well it was delicious!

TL;DR

Great spot to stay as a couple, FANTASTIC spot as a group or family. Treat it like your grand parents house and you’ll be fine. Make sure you wine and cheese with the sunset.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank elliotvp
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Beware there is no kitchen sink, a small bathroom, and audible footsteps from upstairs visitors.
However it is very cute with great views.
The getaways folk were friendly and assured us that as long as things were tidy, the sign off about dishes was fine with just having rinsed cups and plates.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Love love love this place! We stayed in the cow n Cabernet room and absolutely loved it! While this particular room doesn't have its own kitchen, it does have a fridge and microwave and cutters. The cottage has amazing country views of the Barossa and surrounding hills and is just a short stroll to Angastons Main Street. Would definitely recommend this to couples or families. We will definitely be back and next time we will bring more people with us and book out the entire house!

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 6 May 2016

How is it possible in the 21st Century that the suite Pig n Pinot can be offered as an attractive BNB in the Barossa Valley?
The location is convenient and the outlook from outside the property is really good but the services and essentials indoors are distinctly lacking. Certainly there is a TV which worked. There are also plates , and cutlery and a fry pan and a microwave which would give the impression of a self contained unit, but there is no sink outside the small hand basin in the shower area . This situation makes it virtually impossible to meet the owners requirement of leaving every thing clean.
The latter could be the reason that the place seemed to be less than hygienic on our arrival. These characteristics, coupled with broken window blinds and an uncomfortably firm bed determined us to eat breakfast out each morning and to avoid spending any quality time within the "suite".
The owners or their management ( never apparent on site during our stay) have a job to do if they are ever to get this property to have any credible comfort relative to apartments elsewhere in the same price range

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John h
Reviewed 27 February 2016

I stayed two nights in the Pigs and Pinot studio suite on the bottom floor.

First, the good points -

Beautiful and quiet location at the top of the street. It is a very short walk to town (a bit of a hill but it didn't bother me). There are cows, sheep and goats in the paddocks just outside the house and the gardens are beautiful. The house itself is lovely and big - very country.

The bad points -

The bed is rock hard and small (barely a double). It was not a comfortable two nights and I barely had any sleep. I'm okay with hard mattresses but this was just beyond anything I've experienced. The owners would do well by replacing the bed frame and mattress. For the price, I would have expecting something a little more luxurious. What a difference it would make if they had a beautiful queen or king size bed to come back to!

Now to the millipedes - they were everywhere especially in the bathroom. I'm not sure if it was 'millipede season' but I've never seen so many. On the first night, I woke up with a rash on my leg that was burning and stinging like crazy and which stayed like that for most of the next day. I actually thought I'd been bitten by a spider however with the amount of millipedes in the house, I can assume that there was a millipede in my bed. Millipedes won't bite or intentionally hurt you but it hurts like hell if you get any of their toxins on you!!

There were also Daddy Long Leg spiders behind everything. The suite seemed like it only receives a basic clean over. The Pig and Pinot suite doesn't really have a cosy feel however the upstairs suite does and looks beautiful.

No provisions except for milk and coffee. I did like the fudge that was in the fridge and the little decanter of red wine.

I'm not sure if I would recommend the Lindsay House until they replace the beds and mattresses.

Room tip: Choose the upstairs rooms.
Date of stay: February 2016