Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
AU$157
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
No prepayment needed
Go to your Happy Price
All reviews egg tarts personal touch peter kumquat ensuite cereal accommodation bnb tv wifi curtains
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2023

This B & B provided very comfortable accommodation in a unique building. The personal touch by the owners was a very pleasant change after a series of chain hotels. We were made most welcome. We would strongly recommend Cumquat House to anyone visiting Ipswich, QLD.

Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 6 March 2023

I thought I was in Fawlty Towers🤪🤪
Was it the fact that:
waking with a sore neck as a result of a TV that was suspended from the ceiling or
rock hard pillows. or
a shower that took ages to heat up and was then like a leaky tap, no pressure. or
lack of body wash , just those lather less soaps, no face cloth. or
the fiasco at breakfast:
there was only the two of us (no surprises there) and we were not even finished our cereal when asked by madam if she could put the fruit away off the sideboard.
I quickly gathered a small bowl of fruit salad, placed it on the table, not on the coaster as I was keeping that for the hot coffee . Madam then removed it from the table and placed it on the coaster.
Now the coffee 🤪🤪🤪
When we first arrived we were planning on going into town for a coffee, but the owner told us that there wouldn’t be anything open.
So, in the room was a pod coffee machine, which I had never used, preferring freshly percolated. I went down to ask the correct way to use it and was more or less told by madam to have the instant coffee in the room. She made no effort to show me. I then attempted to use it, placed the pod in, after filling with water, pressed the button, ‘nothing’? changed power points, still ‘nothing’. So went for the instant coffee .
At breakfast, I mentioned that I didn’t think it was working. The owner, unbeknown to us went into our room, that still had our personal items in, operated the machine, brought down a glass with coffee in it and told me to drink it. Unbelievable rude.
When I mentioned that the place was like Fawlty Towers, they became very offensive and I asked for peace and quiet while trying to have our breakfast, but no, they alternated between each other and continued to carry on rudely and disrespectfully.
Unlike Fawlty Towers, we did not find our time there amusing and would highly recommend that Basil and Madam retire.

Room tip: Avoid Cumquat House , anywhere else would be better.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fabfoodnow
Cumquat House, Owner at Cumquat House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2023

Hi Naureen Taylor
Thank you for your enlightening review.
Your booking agent has been made aware of your ??????? at Cumquat House .
There is not a lot more that we can say.
Thank heavens for all our lovely customers that leave after having a pleasant stay.
Peter and Marie
Owners of Cumquat House

Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

Loved the room but we felt a bit rushed at breakfast. My wife had a small bowl of cereal and I had a nice bowl of fresh fruit and yoghurt. My wife was going to have some fruit too but before she could get it the food was taken away. I’m sure the lady had good intentions, but she was just a little too quick, we felt that we were being rushed out. All the other people had gone down for a 6:00 am breakfast, we were the only ones at 7:00 and maybe that was holding her up a bit. My wife is Thai and they don’t like to be confrontational at all, so she didn't want me to ask for the fruit again. There wasn’t much left anyway, so I’m sure it wouldn’t have been a cost imposition for her to have fruit as well as cereal. I’m sorry, but we just felt a little uncomfortable at breakfast, otherwise the stay was great.

Date of stay: August 2022
2  Thank Davidnsom
Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful B&B in a historic house a kilometre south of the town centre (in a residential and hotel district, very little around except nice parks and bush, although I was able to get a bus directly to the train museum). Nice rooms with sitting area and balcony, basic but functional bathroom, good wifi, basic breakfast with the addition of a nice egg tart.

Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank mrdom
Reviewed 14 November 2021

After a bad experience with a B&B some years ago, I was reluctant to stay at one again. However Marie and Peter made up for that in spades. The property is an old era design but well set up and in a very quite location. You can acutely just keep to yourself if you want. The ensuite sold us. Close to restaurants, etc. Breakfast and service was great. The hosts were great, not wishy washy, just normal people.

Date of stay: November 2021