“Best dive we’ve ever done ”

Wolf Rock Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive with critically endangered grey nurse sharks all year round. Other species commonly seen at this spectacular underwater formation are eagle rays, turtles, bull rays, giant Queensland groper, leopard sharks, manta rays, wobbiegong sharks and much, much more. In winter we are joined by the humpback whales for their annual migration. This is a must do dive while visiting South East Queensland.
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing experience at wolf rock. All the staff were amazingly friendly - relaxed but still professional. James was a great guide above and below the water. And the diving itself was amazing - sharks, eagle rays, eels, wobbegongs, fish of all shapes sizes and colours and some amazing coral as well. Didn’t want to get out of the water. Couldn’t recommend the whole experience more!

All reviews
"marine life"
"expert knowledge"
"hot soup"

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This is a fantastic dive site - especially for BIG things. We saw about 40 large Grey Nurse sharks cruising close by (so close you could see the algae growing on their teeth!), 3 manta rays, 2 eagle rays, a sea snake, a Queensland groper, leopard shark, various eels, clown triggerfish, spanish mackerel, tusk fish etc etc. There was even a dolphin that lives near the boat ramp!
The staff are friendly and relaxed but safety conscious - it can be an advanced dive - we had rough seas and strong currents, also easy to go into deco so keep an eye on your computer - hard when there are so many great things to see! Bring a jacket for the 45 minute boat ride.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank rebeccadiver
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This was a really great experience with the Wolf Rock Dive Centre. We arrived at 8am and got fitted out for our dive and had a coffee and went through the dive plan. The equipment is high quality and the boat trip out was lovely. The dive has to be experienced but we saw at least two different types of shark (20-30) in total and one turtle:). I was stupid enough to lose my fin but the captain did a Dirk Pitt and tried to retrieve for me but had no luck. In summary, lovely trip, great experience all round not least the complimentary cold beverages at the finish. Highly recommended and I hope to do again.

1  Thank charlie m
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Emily, James and Alex were fantastic - safe, fun and looked after us extremely well. We rented gear and it was in very good condition. The boat was good for diving - ladder easy to use. The trip out was cool - the views of rainbow beach were incredible. Lunch on boat was good with lots of food available. The two dives were AMAZING! We saw big grey nurse sharks, wobbegong, leopard sharks, barracuda, mantas, spotted ray, eagle rays, a stonefish, Moray eels, sea snake .... I would dive this again
The day was only about 10kn with slight current.

1  Thank meleese
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Been there done that and have the T-shirt!. Oh yes. The logo on the back of Wolf Rock Dive T-shirts asks "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf" and because of the wonderful team, there's no-one who needs to worry on this dive. It has to be the very best dive I've ever been on in 50 years of diving! Yep 50!!! My husband Peter and I have been looking forward to this experience for weeks watching Brisbane's terrible weather and for the previous 5 weeks it's been so bad all diving was cancelled right up to the very day of our booking. (25th February 2018). In the photos below you can see the totally flat water as we cruised towards the bar. There was no wind, no current and practically no swell at The Wolf. The dive store's boat is a beast of a thing. It has muscles on its muscles and is unsinkable. "Evolution" looks like something from an Arni movie. As we approached the rock it was peeping up out of the ocean and I couldn't wait to leap in. Emily who's a very fit Dive Master led the three of us down to 30 meters and rounding a bend we were in a gutter filled with large Grey Nurse shark. They were everywhere, at least 40 of them. It was the most wonderful sight I've ever seen underwater as they cruised majestically all around us. There was one moment I'll never forget when a massive female came within a couple of feet of me and our eyes locked. What a magnificent creature! What a mind blowing experience! Wolf Rock is an advanced dive but C class open water divers can do a course at Wolf Rock Dive and after the correct training can do this dive. In one of my photos below Pete managed to get me in the shot with a grey nurse. If you could only see my face. I had the biggest smile ever! I was so happy to enjoy every second of the dive and we had a second dive with the sharks after the surface interval. We were given really tasty sandwiches, fruit, biscuits and some sweets plus a lot of fun conversation with the other divers on the boat. It would be really hard to equal diving at Wolf Rock, so we're planning on going back as soon as possible. We had about 14mts of visibility and sadly our camera flash didn't work so our photos are not great. Winter diving is when the vis. is at its best and next time we will make sure we "see the light"
Wolf Rock Dive is an extremely well polished dive centre. There's Alex, James, Fiona and Emily with the aim of keeping everyone safe and providing the most thrilling dive experience imaginable. In the words of Arni.... we'll be back!!!! Happy diving, Dianne