All reviewscape yorkbusiness tripsmooth operationqueenslandmealstipsupermarkettoursfishingferrybonusbeaches
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I travel all through the cape and this is by far the best place i have stayed. Cannot wait for my next stay, the staff are so friendly and helpful! Honestly could not recommend the place anymore. Also the restaurant is top quality and taste delicious. Steak with garlic prawns was amazing

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank gregga2351
Nikki A, Manager at Cape York Peninsula Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Many thanks on your review. We receive a lot of compliments on our staff. They certainly go above and beyond. With regards to your steak, it is hard to beat Wagyu beef. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here. Smooth operation and happy, helpful staff. The Suite was modern, very clean and I appreciated the pod coffee. The food was better than anything I ate in Cairns. They make great cocktails - try the lychee and lemongrass martini. The 4WD I hired was in immaculate condition and the information I received from Front Office was very handy (lots of "secret spots" up here). Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MHBJ
Nikki A, Manager at Cape York Peninsula Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
The Lodge has been fully refurbished and the rooms do look nice.
Our food, cocktails and coffee are a real highlight.
The new 100 Series Landcruiser is beautiful to drive.
I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and will pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

A touch of paradise in paradise! Cape York is an amazing place with the most beautiful people who live here in Paradise. I regularly visit on business and get to stay at the Cape York Peninsula Lodge, where I am treated like an old friend....rooms clean and inviting, set in front of the most tranquil lagoon filled with waterlillies. An occasional brumby strolls by and I fall asleep listening to the gentle flow of the waters. As if that isn't enough, the meals in the restaurant are exquisite, all with the most attentive service, and a young waiter with the most infectious of smiles.
A visit to the Cape would not be complete without a stay and a chance to be spoilt at the Cape York Peninsula Lodge

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank justjen63

Thank you for such lovely comments.
Our Grounds Team work very hard to create such a welcoming environment.
The Food and Beverage Team are both passionate and professional.
It is a very enjoyable place to work and it is because of people just like you.
We hope to see you soon...

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Lodge has best food for 500 miles, very comfortable cabins, cool pool & best place to access & hire 4-wheel drive to see Tip's Somerset's blue & turquoise waters & white beaches, take helicopter over Tip see what Cook saw & ferry to see fort at Thursday Is.

Room Tip: If mature , get cabin near dining and pool
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Thank Dr. Owen H

Thank you for your comments.
It sounds like you had a great holiday.
It is nice to see our guests exploring.
The Tip, Somerset and Thursday Island are real highlights.
I will pass your feedback onto our Chefs - they do an outstanding job.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Spent a lovely 4 days here as part of a recent business trip, I was extremely surprised about the quality of the food which rivaled anything I get here in Brisbane which is an effort in itself considering this place is only some 30km from the tip of Queensland, the housekeeping done by local indigenous staff was on par with any hotel I've ever stayed at, a great testament to the training provided by senior management. I was worried I may miss out as this place gets surprisingly busy but the reception team extended my car hire and I took a very comfortable new 4WD to Pajinka and got to see the 'tip' of Australia myself, nothing was too hard and I'd love to visit again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
I have shown your review to our team.
Our house keepers, in particular, were thrilled to receive such high praise.
They are a lovely bunch of ladies and highly regarded by the management team.