“Prettiest coastline on the East Coast of Australia ”
Review of 1770 Getaway

1770 Getaway
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

In late July 2017 we visited 1770/Agnes Water QLD. What a huge surprise we were in for. The towns of 1770 and Agnes Water are so relaxed and laid back you can't believe. It is just so beautiful. The towns may be small but they certainly pack a punch for tourism. There are numerous resorts, a bowling club, a golf club, taverns and restaurants. But, the beach and the water is just outstanding!! If you haven't been there it's worth the visit. We are going back !!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely quiet oasis with sweeping palms surrounding an inviting pool. The spacious exclusive cabins are beautifully appointed. Elvis was very helpful and informative and took his time to detail some of the local attractions. Would definitely return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

1770 Getaway Cafe Resort is in a beautiful garden setting. Best coffee in Agnes Water with cakes & slices to match. A great place for breakfast, lunch or just coffee & cake. I can highly recommend the vanilla slice. Dinners, on Wednesday & Sunday only, is of delicious Spit Lamb Roast or Pizzas of your choice. A must if you are in Agnes Water.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights in a 2-bedroom cottage and had a wonderful time. Though Saterday is usually his day off, our host Elvis came to welcome us, gave us a map and lots of useful information.

The cottages are very nicely furnished, have a kitchen, and a covered patio. The bathroom is spacious, and the cottage very clean. Just our bodies didn't really match with the beds (too soft?).

The excellent cafe/restaurant is just steps away and can be highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

1770 Getaway is absolutely amazing. I was a bit hesitant staying because it was a few dollars over my budget and a bit down from the center of town - BUT I am soooooooo happy I stayed. It was one of the top highlights of my 2 months in Australia!! Elvis, picked me up from the bus and showed me around town. At check in we sat over complimentary coffee and chatted about life, the resort and the town - Elvis took the time and gave me full attention showing me what there was to do and planning my stay. The staff at the cafe were so friendly and helpful as well. The cottage was beautifully renovated, clean, smelled good, fully stocked with what would be expected. The grounds are beautifully kept and spacious and the pool is lovely! Its quite and I felt secure and safe. Michael and Vera introduced themselves and made me feel like their personal house guest, while also giving me my privacy and space. I strongly recommend anyone and everyone to stay at 1770. I will definitely go back on my next trip!

Room Tip: all cottages are the same so any one you get is perfect