“THE BEST!!! A MUST STAY AT AND A MUST GO”
Review of 1770 Getaway

1770 Getaway
Reviewed 2 August 2017

1770 Getaway is absolutely amazing. I was a bit hesitant staying because it was a few dollars over my budget and a bit down from the center of town - BUT I am soooooooo happy I stayed. It was one of the top highlights of my 2 months in Australia!! Elvis, picked me up from the bus and showed me around town. At check in we sat over complimentary coffee and chatted about life, the resort and the town - Elvis took the time and gave me full attention showing me what there was to do and planning my stay. The staff at the cafe were so friendly and helpful as well. The cottage was beautifully renovated, clean, smelled good, fully stocked with what would be expected. The grounds are beautifully kept and spacious and the pool is lovely! Its quite and I felt secure and safe. Michael and Vera introduced themselves and made me feel like their personal house guest, while also giving me my privacy and space. I strongly recommend anyone and everyone to stay at 1770. I will definitely go back on my next trip!

Room Tip: all cottages are the same so any one you get is perfect
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night escape at 1770 Getaway. If you are looking for a private getaway in a fully self contained cabin look no further. Such a special place. So peaceful and quiet. Well maintained and clean cabins where attention to detail and quality is a priority. The property is on large acerage that has been totally landscaped into a hidden rainforest. There is also an amazing cafe / restaurant on site that serve fantastic meals using regional produce, which is evident when tasting a meal. We had 2 breakfasts and an evening meal. The cafe is open for woodfired pizzas and a lamb spit roast 2 nights a week. I suggest you book for the evening meals on a Wednesday and Sunday as the cafe is packed with locals and guests. 1770 Getaway is owned by the most delightful family who are so welcoming and helpful. We loved our stay and will return time and time again. No complaints as there is nothing to fault.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic villas for a couple or a family. The kitchen had every facility (including a dishwasher)... although why you'd want to cook with such a great cafe I don't know.
Rooms were nicely decorated, cool and very comfortable.
We went for a family wedding and Elvis (the manager) couldn't have been more lovely.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We only stayed for one night, but could happily have stayed longer.
The one bedroom apartment was lovely and the bed very comfortable.
We were greeted by Elvis , who showed us around the resort and furnished us with a map and lots of ideas of things to do / places to eat etc.
The resort is a bit further away from the town and the beach than I had realised, but this wasn't really a problem.
Breakfast in the on site cafe was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This trip to the picturesque town of 1770/Agnes Waters is a must & should be on everyone's bucket list! 1770 Getaway is a secluded resort set in lush tropical Gardens (blink & you will miss it)!
The Hosts, Vera, David, son Elvis & daughter are exceptionally warm & friendly people. When we arrived they gave us maps & told us all the must see beaches & activities to fill out 3 night stay! The highlight of our trip & the reason we came, was the snorkelling catamaran day cruise out to the stunning Lady Musgrave Island! A coral cay 75 mins by water to the outer southern end of the Great Barrier Reef, teaming with turtles, colourful coral & more Nemo's than I could count! Unlike the bleaching that has happened further up in the Whitsunday islands, this Island is spectacularly stunning!!!! Also whilst stay in 1770/Agnes Waters, head to the 1770 Beach Hotel for sunset drinks & an even beautiful tavern adjoining it for a meal to die for! Lastly it by no means leastly, the sunset from the top lookouts of Round tree hill! What are you waiting for! Get packing. 5 hrs 50 mins Drive North on the Bruce Highway (M1) from Brisbane or fly to Bundaberg & drive 1 he 15 mins by car.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1.1 km away
Agnes Water Beach Holidays
Agnes Water Beach Holidays
#4 of 17 in Agnes Water

Been to 1770 Getaway? Share your experiences!