Review Highlights
Beginner surf lesson

Amazing!! The 2 instructors we had were so helpful and were good at teaching everyone! Extremely... read more

Reviewed 15 March 2020
372maddyp
via mobile
Very nice!

This surf lesson is really great. It is only $25 (very cheap) and you get everything: surfboards... read more

Reviewed 25 February 2020
478janneb

Recommended experiences in and around Agnes Water
from USD 33.31
More Info
from USD 67.07
More Info
All reviews surf school great value these guys large group three hours great fun laid back explained everything a lot of fun amazing experience the east coast grom jd board beginners lesson waves
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Everyone at Reef2beach surf school were great. Frank in the shop was a top guy and the instructors were awesome. My husband and I have never been in surf boards and by the end of the morning we were on a surf high. Lots of fun, no pressure, friendly and patient instructors. The price is incredible compared to the surf lessons we’ve seen up and down the coast. Agnes Water is the perfect place for a beginner. If we were staying longer we’d definately be having a private lesson. Instead we hired a board and practiced on our own.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Lors68
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We travelled there in April 2018 and had a really great course even if the meteo wasn’t as good as expected. All the staff members were friendly and we were able to stand on the board quickly with the bases learned !

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank MarineDamienNlou
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This was my second lesson with my girlfriend, which was a private lesson with Sam. He made us feel super safe in the water and really made a big difference to our surfing. The amount of time you get to spend with the coach in a private lesson, really is worth it if you want to move your surfing up a level.
Rich.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The guys who run it, Matt and Sammy, were really awesome instructors. I had previously had a surf lesson at Byron Bay which I paid 60 bucks for and I honestly got as much if not more out of this lesson. The conditions at Agnes Water were perfect, the boards were really good and by the end of the lesson I felt that I’d progressed from an unconfident beginner to someone with enough skill and confidence to hire a board anywhere in Australia and give it a real go. Thanks guys, really feel like I learnt a lot today!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Hungry_Trave11er
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

After being in the sea since I was little I’m aware of how dangerous it can be and this surf lesson was by far the most dangerous I’ve ever had. The way that they run the lesson meant that boards were flying everywhere hitting people, not a safe way for complete beginners to learn. We were all way to close to each other and they were taking us out so far the dumping waves were crashing on our heads. Luckily I’m not a complete beginner but my friends were scared. The owner of the Surf school was shouting at everyone the whole time and came across aggressive. If you’re a beginner pay a bit extra and have a proper lesson you will get more one to one and will be much safer. Unfortunately the instructors were actually okay but overcrowding meant they couldn’t do their job properly.

Date of experience: January 2018