Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Leighsy
Wollongong, Australia

Don’t rely on getting the accommodation you book

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 July 2023via mobile
My husband and 2 adult children travelled to Cootamundra to visit my elderly mother who is in residential care. We arrived at 5 pm as we’d travelled a considerable way. I had booked a brick cottage with 2 bedrooms (a queen bed and 2 x single beds) given I had my adult children with me. I was hoping to bring my mother around for a meal. Instead, when we arrived we were directed to a small cabin containing a double bed and 4 bunk beds.

When I returned to reception to say that there’d been a mistake, a grumpy woman advised me that the brick cottage had workers staying in it for a month and I couldn’t have it. She told me I must have booked with a third party. I showed her my confirmation email from the actual van park several weeks prior. She told me it didn’t matter as the others had preference given they were there for four weeks. There was no other similar accommodation available. While I understand the business model, I can’t understand the purpose of booking anything with this van park if you can be bumped on a whim.

The issue could have been resolved simply with some appropriate communication prior to our arrival to let us know the change. It would have allowed us to make other arrangements if necessary. If I’d known the cottage wasn’t available I would have booked a hotel room with proper beds

I suggested as a good will gesture we could be compensated in some way given we didn’t get the accommodation we requested. The women refused to budge and told me if I didn’t like it I could go somewhere else, which I would have done if it wasn’t so late.

I will never stay in this park ever again while the current operators are there with such poor management and customer service. I can never trust that the accommodation I book will be available.

Be aware, booking accommodation here is risky, you never know where you’ll end up.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
comfy quality
    AU$124
0.5 km from Cootamundra Caravan Pak
Free parking
units where our room was downstairs
  • eDreams
Pool
    AU$157
47.8 km from Cootamundra Caravan Pak
View more hotels in Cootamundra
All reviews caravan park great park close to town captains walk drive through sites cabin amenities rsl cricket mats bath pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2023

This is a great park right in the centre of town. The person at the desk was friendly and welcoming and gave me some good local tips. We enjoyed the embers prices and lovely dinner at the RSL two minutes walk away. The facilities, although older, are clean and well maintained. The gardens are also really well looked after. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2023

This accommodation proves that you don't need the luxury 5 star bells and whistles of flashier places to provide a memorable experience.
We were assigned an ensuite cabin (#3). Turned out we had booked a family cabin. Two bedroom with a double and two single beds. Functional bathroom and kitchenette. Each room has it's own TV with all the channels. Covered carport outside the door, outside seating.
The double bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in during our travels. (I had such a deep sleep I didn't even snore!)
The park is in a quiet street, but still in walking distance to shops, pubs, etc. and the CBD. The cabin itself was a brick building so there were no noise issues, even from passing vehicles and pedestrians.
The lady at reception was very friendly and processed our arrival and departure swiftly and smoothly.
Yes, it's in a caravan park, accommodation was basic,; dated, worn and far from modern. But it was comfortable, clean, neat and tidy. Bathroom was dated and basic. Shower a bit tight.
We will definitely stay again when next in Cootamundra.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Michael and Cin... O
Reviewed 12 February 2023 via mobile

We took our new-to-us Avan Aliner here for our first outing. The manager was awesome, helping us newbies out with our teething troubles. The park has level drive-through sites for beginners and the amenities, although a little older, are spotlessly clean and a pleasure to use. We would like to give a shout out to a “fellow traveller Jim“ who gave up time to help us sort our rear brake lights and indicators. The park is within walking distance of the RSL which has an extensive Chinese/Thai menu. The food is cooked to order (no buffet). Large serves and as guests at the park, we received members discount. There’s a nearby playground and public pool (with water features) for kids. Looked awesome. Would definitely visit here again.

Room tip: Avoid the road between Jugiong and Cootamudra. It’s in poor condition and not really great for towing.
Date of stay: February 2023
Reviewed 7 December 2022 via mobile

Went to stay at Cootamundra caravan park . Well they advertise disabled facilities. Well when you get there the toilet is locked and the only people that have keys are the permanent 2 residents so when we got there me busting for the toilet could not go. We got put on a site of dirt the grass which is plentiful is reserved for long term clients which were none . So my advice to you do not go here 😒

Date of stay: December 2022
Reviewed 18 October 2022 via mobile

This is a great park in a very handy location close to town. The sites are largely flat and spacious. A lot of the sites are well grassed although there are some bare patches. After all the recent rain there are a small number of churned up patches but these were very small compared to the damage at some park. The amenities are a little older but kept in very clean condition. Bath mats are provided. The park managers are very friendly and helpful. It has a large park with play equipment door which is handy if you have kids. This park also has the captains walk of cricket captain busts.

Date of stay: October 2022