“FANTASTIC!!!!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisa T
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Great place - a few tweaks and it would be excellent”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I travelled to with my 13 year old, 6' tall son and our dog.
I was convalescing from a shoulder op & he was taking surf lessons.
I know the place was billed as a romantic retreat, however the fact that it was dog friendly and close to the beach was the draw for us.

What was great:
The garden - absolutely lovely with a deck, sun terrace and lovely lawns,
the view was great - especially in the evenings with fantastic sunsets over croyde bay
Positioned in between croyde village and croyde bay, a short walk to both.
Generous parking and very clean throughout - all winners.

What was not so great:
The lumpy mattresses - a thick mattress protector would stop the springs from sticking in.
Lack of hooks - a few hooks by the front door to hang wet coats, a couple in the bedroom and please replace the tiny hooks in the bathroom for ones that would take a towel.
An ariel on the radio would help.... and if there were wifi then it would be even better.
A spare toilet roll would be useful. One roll for the week seems unnecessarily stingy. I think we got through 3!

What else you should know:
The ceiling is really very low. All over.
I am 5'7" and could walk around most of the place (except the entrance lobby) without bumping my head, but had to sit down to get dressed.
My son is 6' and had to stoop a lot. We stuck post-it notes on exceptionally low parts to remind us to bend our knees!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Pam M
Cheam, null, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC!!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I spent two sun drenched weeks here in July 2013. The owners were so accommodating and it was spotlessly clean, even the bbq had a spring clean. From sitting on the decking in the morning having breakfast overlooking the sea, to sunbathing on the lovely comfortable sun loungers still with magnificent views, to the ultra clean and comfy bed, nothing and I do mean nothing was missing from this quaint chalet/bungalow. My only regret is that we had to keep popping into Croyde for fresh meat for the bbq as it was only a small fridge/box freezer. But it wasn't a real hardship as its such a lovely drive along the coast line and I needed a reason to be pried off the sun loungers.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness and quirkiness of the chalet
Liked least: Going Home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing