“Rack of ribs like a dinosaur, brilliant”
Review of The Thatch

The Thatch
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Croyde
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2016

Great location in Croyde, great staff, great food, the ribs are huge and worth every penny, tribute ale and lots of specials, recommend this anytime

Date of visit: January 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

My wife spent many happy days of her youth in The Thatch so we decided to have a feed and a walk on the beach. She had a ploughmans and I had a burger. Plenty to eat but the ingredients were a bit bland and unexciting. I would imagine that it is better in the evening. Didn't cost a fortune though so if you want to fill yourself up without breaking the bank, The Thatch may be a good choice.

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

The place looks lovely and cosy, once inside the staff were all friendly and we got the choice of where to sit, we started by the warm glowing fire, but this got way too hot so moved just next to it, at first glance the menu looked really nice, a bit prices, but to be expected in such a tourist area... We asked for small nachos to start, with a burger and fish curry as mains. They all came out at the same time which was disappointing. The nachos were great, massive portion! The burger was however dry, my partner couldn't eat much. And my curry was fairly bland and watery, for the price of the curry (£17.95) I was bitterly let down.
Overall lovely place, will come back for a pint, and a quick snack sharing nachos, but not to have dinner.

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Everyone raves about The Thatch so I thought we'd head there for a meal after the panto. Got seated quickly, waiter was nice enough but made the same joke every time he appeared at the table. There was hardly any one in there. Place looked a bit tatty.
Food arrived in a decent time and there was LOADS of it. The portions were massive. The large nachos would have done everyone at the table! There were quite tasty. Other meals reported as 'ok' for the price.
Other staff behind the counter getting a bit friendly with each other kept us entertained.
We couldn't force pudding in, we had eaten too much.
Dunno what I was expecting after hearing all my friends rave about it so much. I thought it was alright but wouldn't go out of my way to go again in the future.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Visit this little village very often and always come to the thatch cottage !... Great food / drink can't go wrong also brill atmosphere

Date of visit: July 2015