See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 November 2015

The hotel is old and rather tired looking but we knew this booking it. The location is superb as its right on the beach and close to all the amenities of the town.
Our room looked like one dated in the 1970's but we were ok with that. The balcony was lovely overlooking the street and the beach.

Room Tip: The a/c worked well.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ronlin54
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Terrible! Even the staff were leaving!

Spent a week here in a single room where the terrace was 4 times larger than the room! Couldn't get from the shower to the door without studying to become a contortionist! Room refreshed but dirty. Bathroom never cleaned and toilet seat useless.

Full of german kids who insist on banging on doors at 4am everyday. Staff just say it's busy and they hate kids! One was even looking for a new job! Cleaners stand in the corridor every morning giggling and laughing until you leave the room!

Avoid the food it might kill you as its all off or covered in flies. I ate out every night even though I was half board. Only good thing was location. If you are deaf and you have no tastebuds then this is the hotel for you!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank James T
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Really close to the center of Lloret de mar, 100m from Tropics, hotel Garbi is a nice place for students to stay. I dont recommend this place for families or simply for people with high standards. Its two-stars hotel, so you get what you pay for. Basic equipment in the room - two single beds, one nightstand, one drawer with mirror, woredrobe (ours was really huge), nothing much. Bathroom is basic also - toilet, sink, shower (although I have to say that the shower is annoying - water is spilling on the shower curtain, so every night we had to clean a pool from our bathroom floor).
We got 2 big and 2 small hotel towels every day, and the maids were cleaning the rooms everyday too. After cleaning the room smelled amazing, we could've seen that someone took good care of it.
We got the room with balcony, and the view was on the other balconys and for the Garbi Park pool. Not amazing, and also very loud in the nighttime (noone is sticking up to the night silence curfew).
We never used the pool in the hotel, basicly because it didn't look very welcoming. They used plastic chair with chains to "secure" it at night. There was no lifeguard.
We had meals in the other hotel, Garbi Park, in only breakfast and dinners system, so I wont be writing about the food, as it wasnt served in Garbi itself.

To summarize, I can say - it's good place for students, who come to Lloret not to spend their time on the pool or in the room. Dont get your hopes up, when you pay little - you get basic stuff.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laaane
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed her for a long weekend break away from the kids,bit of adult time!
When we arrived we were dumped on the main road and told to go down this alley and our hotel was at the end,yh well we got to the end and there's are 3 garbi hotels,after discovering our hotel,we checked in quickly,the man on the desk was actually very abrupt and rather rude,we were told where our room was and off we went,eventually found our room tucked away round the back,which was worse then a hostel lol the TV was for decoration I think lol the room was something from the 60's and the balcony felt like it was about to collapse as it was so slanted! The shutters were old and rusty,the covers felt damp and sticky and the bed looked like it was made out of left over wood from a bonfire lol
The hotel itself is close to the main strip and beach which was handy.
Would I stay again? Hell no!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank RaeleneDx
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Seen all the reviews.. They are a bit harsh. The hotel is basic ,but the food is on par with most 4 star hotels I've been too. I researched this hotel thoroughly before I booked it and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived.This was a steal at 75% cheaper then any hotel in the area. It also has two sister,3 stars plus hotels which are adjacent.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Dogwithaharelip
grangarbi, Director General at Hotel Garbi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your support. We know we have work to do to make the hotel better, but people expect a 4 star service in a 2 star. For next year we plan to upgrade many rooms (new furniture), and make some general improvements. This will help to make the experience better.
I'm glad you had a good time with us. :)

Regards.