Location was perfect! It was less than ten minutes' walk to Finals beach. There were many restaurants and supermarket nearby. ATM machine is just three minutes' walk away.
We arrived at 3am due to the delayed flight. Cold platters for dinner were prepared for us as requested prior to our arrival. The night receptionist was extremely friendly and polite even though he didn't speak English.
The ladies from the reception weren't friendly nor welcoming at all. We didn't even get a smile or a hello every time we walked past the reception. When we checked out, the lady said 'okay'. That was it! Very disappointing!
We stayed in the pool view room on the first floor. It is very noisy from the noises from the pool. I would suggest higher floor. Housekeeping ladies were polite and they cleaned the room thoroughly everyday. Shower gel, shampoo, some soap bars, a comb, a hairdryer and towels were provided in the shower room. There were plenty of storage in the room but the fridge wasn't free of charge which is very unusual! The shower room was refurbished to a good standard but the room furniture were very old.
We had the same breakfast every single day, not a single change! Dinner was brilliant! There was the Pirate theme with 95% seafood on Saturday. Absolutely loved it! The chef from the cooking counter was so friendly and lovely! He must be the best employee of the hotel! The waiting staff were okay. The guy who checked people at the restaurant door was extremely rude! We didn't see him on the first time we had dinner. He didn't let us into the restaurant because we didn't bring the card that comes with the key card. We explained to him that it wasn't our first night here and that we weren't asked anything previous night, we just showed our key card and told them our names and room number. He told us to go back to the room and get the card. He barely spoke English and he was shouting us very impatiently in front of many other guests. We were the only orients in the whole hotel and that might've been the case! We were stopped by him again another night. He claimed we didn't pay money for the water. We purchased half board but we had to buy water, and the waiters never informed us we had to pay straight away. They took our room number so we simply thought it'll be added to our room and we pay at checkout. We were then again humiliated in front of a lot of other guests for 6 euros! That rude guy was shouting "money now! problemo!". He was really disgusting!!
Pools and spa
Both indoor and outdoor pools, and the spa were lovely. Even though there were signs that kids must be supervised, there were many kids running around and using the jacuzzi unsupervised.
There were great entertainment for kids every night and some water aerobics and water polo sessions for adults.
Overall, the service we received was less than average and it was really disappointing! I really hope the management reviewed the staff and give them proper trainings for basic customer service at least. Even though we enjoyed the hotel and the food, we will never go back there because of the level of service we received. We even felt at some point that speaking English was a crime as most of the staff didn't speak English!
P.s. Free wi-fi which was useless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet area of Platja Fenals, on the outskirts of Lloret, this delightful, friendly four-star hotel has been awarded the FAMILY TOURISM certificate and the ISO 9001 quality standards. It provides an excellent standard of amenities and services and is the ideal choice for a holiday with your partner, family or friends. Hotel Aquarium also has swimming pools for children and adults, a heated pool, a new SPA area with a fabulous fitness suite, Turkish bath, multishower, heated loungers, bi-thermal shower, massage area (the only SPA service that incurs a charge). There is also an archery gallery, day and evening entertainment for adults and children and a kid’s club in the summer season (June to September), garden, terrace, buffet-style meals and show cooking and free WiFi throughout the hotel. Its location next to the beach and the shopping area of Platja de Fenals, 800m from the centre of Lloret, provides guests with an array of options for exploring the surroundings. Since 2011, this hotel has been fitted with solar panels to heat water for the bathrooms and the indoor swimming pool. We do not accept pets Have an unforgettable holiday at Hotel Aquarium. We know you’ll be back! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarium Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Aquarium Lloret De Mar
- Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain