We wanted a hotel that was near Lloret centre but also far enough away so you could get some peace and quiet if needed. The Aquarium was a perfect choice.
Two of us went out there for 5 nights halfboard, 23yr old male and 21yr old female. Flights with ryanair, transfers with resorthoppa, hotel booked through holidaynights website - total cost £190 a person
Fenals beach 400 metres down the road with various shops and places to eat and drink on the way. Llloret centre is extremely easy to get to aswell – you get on the main road and just stick to walking down that! Didn’t take us long at all to walk. Was a little concerned from other reviews that the walk may be a bit far but it really wasn’t a problem!
There is a supermarket 2 minutes from the hotel aswell just over the main road!
We visited the water park Water World – bought tickets from reception and got the free bus from lloret centre! If you like waterparks then it’s worth a trip and was quiet when we went aswell! Apart from that we visited fenals beach and lloret beach and just used the hotels pools.
Hotel pools were excellent, outside pool was a bit chilly still (ideal for cooling sunburnt skin) but the indoor covered part was lovely and warm! Sometimes we had the pool to ourselves. Pools, gym, steam room, Jacuzzis were all free. They also have a sunbed which costs 4.50 euros for 12 minutes.
The room was slightly dated but did the job, the shower was nice and powerful and always hot enough! And the cleaners did a good job and made sure we always had fresh towels etc. TV wise, 3 english channels, eurosport, cbeebies, skynews. I’m glad I took my laptop to put some music on while we had a couple of hours before going out in the evenings.
Food, really good. A lot of people we met from other hotels were struggling to find things to eat but we were quite happy with what was on offer. Easily something for everyone anyway. At Breakfast there was even bacon, the best bacon I’ve had in spain before anyway.
Other places to eat – Orient Express. Right on lloret beach front. We had a table looking out to sea. Food was really good here.
Disaster Café - very very different, not somewhere to take a young child. A good laugh in a group or if the place was busy but we were the only people eating in there that night. They turn the lights off at times your eating and the whole thing shakes like an earthquakes hit. We spilt a fair bit of wine! Would have been better in a group or if the place was busy I guess. Was just a bit awkward being the only 2 people in there.
Drinks wise, we had some lovely cocktails from a bar on the beachfront in lloret. They had torches burning outside and the “superduper” cocktails were huge and very good. Definitely worth a visit if you like your cocktails.
The hotel was probably only about half full at a guess which suited us as we went out each evening and didn’t expect to be staying in the hotel to be entertained. Check out I think was meant to be 10am, we extended our room for the rest of the day for 20 euros as our flight wasn’t until a lot later.
Overall, was ideal for what we wanted and fitted in perfectly for a short relaxing break with some laughs and bits to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet area of Platja Fenals, on the outskirts of Lloret, this delightful, friendly four-star hotel has been awarded the FAMILY TOURISM certificate and the ISO 9001 quality standards. It provides an excellent standard of amenities and services and is the ideal choice for a holiday with your partner, family or friends. Hotel Aquarium also has swimming pools for children and adults, a heated pool, a new SPA area with a fabulous fitness suite, Turkish bath, multishower, heated loungers, bi-thermal shower, massage area (the only SPA service that incurs a charge). There is also an archery gallery, day and evening entertainment for adults and children and a kid’s club in the summer season (June to September), garden, terrace, buffet-style meals and show cooking and free WiFi throughout the hotel. Its location next to the beach and the shopping area of Platja de Fenals, 800m from the centre of Lloret, provides guests with an array of options for exploring the surroundings. Since 2011, this hotel has been fitted with solar panels to heat water for the bathrooms and the indoor swimming pool. We do not accept pets Have an unforgettable holiday at Hotel Aquarium. We know you’ll be back! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarium Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Aquarium Lloret De Mar
- Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain