See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We arrived at the Albergo Moderno by chance, with no reservation. We spent two nights and it was great. I was surprised to read the bad reviews it has! The hotel has the best location you can find: in a quiet street, in the city center and just a few blocks away from port, where you can take the ferry to visit the islands. The room was big and clean, and it offered everything we needed (TV, A/C, comfortable bed, desk, wifi, etc.). The service at the reception was excellent and they have parking spots for 8 EU a day (very convenient as it's difficult to find a place to park in August!).

Also the price is very convenient. I definitely recommend this hotel for your Trapani stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paulazz
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had been two nights in this hotel and we felt really fine. The hotel is located in the city center but in a quiet side street. The room did offer all what we needed and it was nicely decorated. The service at the reception was excellent and they gave us a lot of hints. Breakfast (if included) is served in a nearby cafe'; you should be sure beforehand what is included and what not. We can definitely recommend this nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 7 or 8 years whenever I stay in Trapani, particularly for the opera festival in July. If I cannot get, or afford a hotel on Favignana, I stay here and catch the ferry. As a single traveller, Room 8 is on the first floor and has a balcony 25 feet long and about 12 feet wide overlooking the rear patio ! The interior is simply decorated, whitewashed walls,, simple furnishings, clean linen. No fridge, no breakfast. Every member of staff is really helpful and courteous. I stayed there last week for 6 nights - 180 Euros, brilliant value. I didn't have a computer to check in for my flight yesterday, so the staff at the desk did it for me. The hotel is about 8 minutes walk from the Segesta bus stop, in the port from Palermo. 15 minutes from the station. At night, 1 minute from the main street and the passiagiato, restaurants and bars. The best food in Trapani ? Not in the main streets - too touristy, but in Angelino's, down in the port with an open air terrace or garden, just past the Egatours office. Average maincourse 6 to 12 euros, wine 10 euros a bottle - service excellent.

Room Tip: All of the rooms on the front have narrow balconies to just about sit on. Some rooms have a balcony in the bedroom and another in the bathroom. There is a lift. The narrow road outside is very quiet at night. there is parking
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I had a friend find me a last-minute room in Trapani, and was very happy. The location is amazing (after my daytrip to Erice I decided I'd walk home to the hotel through the Mediterranean instead of down the street) and the port was a few steps away, which made getting the ferry to Pantelleria and the bus to Palermo really easy, even with all my luggage. It's also right by the main shopping and dining streets, as well as a tourist information office.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful, and were patient with my awful attempts at Italian.

The room was very basic but totally clean, and the courtyard and little public areas were really nice. I will go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I arrived on the ferry with a recommendation from a friend to stay at Albergo Moderna. At 30 euro per night I felt the room was clean and served my needs. The room was serviced daily and the desk service was more than helpful, and their English was much better than my Italian.
The location is prime.