See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I had a friend find me a last-minute room in Trapani, and was very happy. The location is amazing (after my daytrip to Erice I decided I'd walk home to the hotel through the Mediterranean instead of down the street) and the port was a few steps away, which made getting the ferry to Pantelleria and the bus to Palermo really easy, even with all my luggage. It's also right by the main shopping and dining streets, as well as a tourist information office.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful, and were patient with my awful attempts at Italian.

The room was very basic but totally clean, and the courtyard and little public areas were really nice. I will go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I arrived on the ferry with a recommendation from a friend to stay at Albergo Moderna. At 30 euro per night I felt the room was clean and served my needs. The room was serviced daily and the desk service was more than helpful, and their English was much better than my Italian.
The location is prime.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2011

My friend and I were traveling around Sicily and stayed one night in the Moderno Hotel in Trapani. The following morning we left early to take a boat to an island off the coast. As the morning progressed we were covered in red spots -- bed bugs. I had them all over including on my face. Absolutely gross! My friend also had bites all over. The bed bug infestation must have been significant for both of us to be covered in bites, sleeping in separate single beds. There is no way the hotel could not have known about the bed bug infestation. The room was on the second floor facing the street. Beware! Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Bed Bugs...Beware!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Very bad hotel, dirty rooms. A camping is much better.
And very expensive for what it offers.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank portredo4
Reviewed 24 April 2009

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed. Dirty rooms, toilet with no water, broken shower, uncomfortable beds. The only good thing is location which is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends