See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2017

A huge difference compared to the other hotels in this area. Comparably the better ones. Nice big room with bathtub. A nice rest available after a few days walking among the mountains. Near to the town area. Have to walk out slightly to get a decent priced ride to town area though. Have a small mart within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Let me just qualify my review by saying this is my first visit to China, my second chinese hotel (the first was in Yiyang) and I was accompanied by a translator 24 hours a day.
The rooms were large, the bed large and comfortable and lots of pillows. Nice bathroom (western toilets) with shower and bath. However, frosted glass stands between the room and the shower and even with the curtain pulled, this might be uncomfortable for some people. Air conditioning was weak - I would bring a spare outdated credit card and leave it in the slot for your entire visit so the room continues to be cooled while you're out. I cannot comment on the staff's English as I had a translator. I didn't eat in the buffet. The room was clean but the carpet stained.
One plus is that the hotel faces the river and there is a promenade so it's a nice place to walk in the evening or to do Tai Chi in the morning.

Room Tip: If it's important, make sure you ask for a room with a western toilet. I don't know for sure, but I suspect there are rooms with Chinese toilets
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

One could suppose by 'international' that the hotel caters for guests other than Chinese. A reasonable level of English perhaps? A helpful concierge? This hotel boasts neither. Not even a map of the town/area is available at reception. Zilch. Foreign television? One news channel. We tried to use the gym which was locked. They did open it up but the machines were few and far between and then they charged us. On a second visit it was padlocked again. No sign of a beauty salon, sauna or most of the stuff advertised. The foot bath was totally weird, an amalgam of a foot wash and body massage which didn't inspire confidence. Positives were nice big room, good bathroom and towels, bathrobes. Breakfast was great for massive eaters of all things Chinese but I did manage to get an egg (the cook only knew fried) and a slice of toast with a decent cup of tea. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jennifer m
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Pretty disappointed especially after an overnight hard sleeper train trip.. arrived at hotel and it took several staff, our cab driver and another guest for our Agoda booking to be accepted. Was given the incorrect room at first and as none of the staff spoke English well it was difficult to get the correct one - our translator app was invaluable.

Room did not have washing machine ( as advertised ) staff told me there was no laundry service available and the pool (in real life) was dirty, empty and overgrown. Had been saving washing as we thought we would have a machine.. are Travelling for quite a distance so used the bathroom sink.

24 hour restaurant turned us away again really disappointing as we had not eaten since the night before on the train and could not locate a restaurant in walking distance. Ate chips. Following the first encounter however, the restaurant staff were great and shared a great sense of humor.

Several staff were wonderful but some were inexplicably rude which I found upsetting as I did not understand why. The hotel wasn't walking distance from / to any attractions and the tour desk did not have information in other languages.

We understand that Travelling in a foreign country means no familiar language the rudeness was the issue for us. Would have moved hotels but did not have time. Absolutely loved the Zhangjiajie national park and Tienmenshan Mountain, staff there and taxi drivers great. Will not go back to hotel.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripmelo
Reviewed 18 April 2012

It seems some people describe a different hotel since the Zhangjiajie International is about 7km from the Railway station away (taxi 20Y) at the edge of the city.

Pros:
- big rooms
- free high-speed LAN-access in the room (however most .com and .de adresses were blocked, so I had to use a VPN)

Cons:
- Bed mattress is VERY hard (feels you sleep on a rock)
- lots of mold on the walls
- AC a bit noisy, although we had only 10°C outside temperature the AC-Heating did not work
- Windows and Walls not soundproof (be prepared that the Chinese Tour Groups will wake you up latest 6 am, alternativly the construction work closeby).
- At the edge of the City (you always need a taxi if you want to go to a good restaurant or shopping)
- Food in the Restaurant was very greasy with tons of glutamate and pricey for chinese standards
Breakfast only chinese style (ricesoup, fried rice, curry)
- No english spoken at Reception