All reviews grand canyon chinese style national park tub china guide mountains
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Hotel - room spacious, clean, great location but noisy, extremely helpful staff. But poor breakfast. National Park stunning as were underground caves & river boat ride. Cable car up the mountain was stunning - 30 minute journey. Bus ride down the mountain hair pin bends is not for the nervous nellies. I loved it. Glass Bridge very disappointing but walking down & around the Grand Canyon was beautiful.

Room Tip: Away from the street shops
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This is a cute boutique hotel located in what appears to be a newly rebuilt ancient area. Our balcony overlooks a rebuilt bustling ancient street filled with night activity and what life may have been living here. We enjoyed the street food, making of traditional snack and candies and local crafts.
The room is comfortable and very large. The balcony has a small table and two chairs. Perfect for a cup of tea in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony. Maybe a bit noisy as it faces ancient street but quiets down after 10 pm.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

- Only takes a 300 RMB cash deposit, which is annoying as I don't really carry that much cash and get by on WeChat or card. I didn't have this so they settled on a 100 RMB deposit

- Very few members of staff but they are friendly, although don't expect any English.

- The hotel lobby is really picturesque with a pond and mini waterfall around the lobby/dining area, complete with fish and walkover bridges. It makes a lovely setting for breakfast. Breakfast had a very limited range although is cooked fresh to your requirements (mainly noodles) and is really tasty. The dining area is in the open plan link to the lobby with no heating so gets very cold, just make sure you bring your jacket.

- The room we had was a 'mini' room and I couldn't have described it better myself. It was a struggle to fit two suitcases in and the bathroom was a wet room which takes quite long to dry due to the small size.

- Cleanliness and general hygiene of the room was low e.g. pieces of papers covering up something on the wall and ceiling (we didn’t want to look), dirty carpet.

- Bed was comfortable and soft by Chinese standards.

- Other problems during a 3 night stay included: Hot water stopped working, sink was leaking, real bad smell in the bathroom. Most notably, the heating stopped working at 1am when the room was 13 degrees, this was a real issue and we couldn't sleep. Unfortunately there was no one at reception to flag the problem with so had to spend a night incredibly cold and get someone to fix it the following day.

- Overall given the low price of the room for a good location I expected some issues, but definitely not to the scale we experienced them. I would not stay again, and therefore recommend paying a slight bit more and getting somewhere better, or at very least getting a bigger and better room.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaz H
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Very good location to stay and explore Zhangjiajie scenic spots easily! Rooms are big, clean, comfortable and affordable price, which was much better than what I was expected. Adjacent to this hotel there is an ancient temple and you should take a late night walk in the street just behind this hotel to enjoy local people folk songs and music. I would also suggest trying hotel restaurant food once, rather than going around, they do provide tasty & yummy food. Especially hotel reception staffs (Xiao Liu) are lovely and friendly, they helped me to plan my 4 days trip and book tickets to Grand Canyon and Charming Xiangxi Theatre show. I would have not done fantastic Zhangjiajie trip without their help. They do charge for things like tea, slippers and toiletries, but if you have your own travel kits then it is not a big deal and if not it is not too costly and affordable. I would recommend this place for a cheap and nice stay and I really enjoyed my stay here for 4 days. I would definitely come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique & beautiful, choose the best one from the option!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Was so much better than I was expecting! The rooms were immaculate and modern. Loved our free standing bathtub with bronze tap wear, bath gel and hair shampoo and conditioner provided. Perfect for a long soak after hiking the Xhangjiajie mountains. Bed was very soft and room was really large! Great location in Wulingyuan behind the touristy ancient street. Is a 5 minute taxi ride to the park entrance where the free park buses take you to up to the Tianzi cable car or Bailong elevator. Staff were helpful in making recommendations for our visits to Zhangjiajie park and the bus to Fenghuang. Free and fast wifi included. Only disappointment was they charge for things in the room like tea, toothbrushes, slippers - bit weird seeing everything with price stickers!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple