Open today: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm

from USD 213.00
from USD 1,348.75
from USD 870.00
More Info
All reviews boat ride underground river stalactites and stalagmites colorful lights strong legs great activity beautiful formations worth a visit own pace summer heat stairs to climb few hours hundred meters small river takes hours three hours mother nature
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Yellow Dragon Cave like other Karst caves have interesting formations . But unfortunately marred by the very harsh lightings. Do not miss the smaller cave closer to the entrance called the Maze whcih is separately charged at 30 yuan. Regrettably i missed it cos tired out from the relentless climbings and descendings. Fellow visitors who visited all commented it is quite different from the rest and you could feel them..sigh! they should have just included in the main ticket charge..

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Calvary09
Reviewed 24 December 2017

This cave is huge and colorful. We had a guide from the park to take us and she was very thorough in explaining everything which added value to the experience. Watch your steps and hang on to the railings as the wet floor could be slippery. The boat ride inside the cave was fun, almost like a Disneyland ride. Outside is a beautiful park, make sure you visit the salamander in the 'well'. Lots of vendors selling souvenirs and snacks near the parking lot.

1  Thank ROCruiser
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Prior to the cave entrance, you get to walk pass a garden, a couple of watermills, and see a protected old Salamander.

The cave itself is dark, cold and huge. My Yichang guide says it is possibly the biggest if not one of the biggest cave in China. Which is why he told me not to bother with either of the caves in Yichang if I'm doing this later the week. There are lots of stairs and it can be dangerous as it gets wet easily too, so be careful. I went with my dad and it quickly became his nightmare. Please bring along a torchlight if you have elderly or problems seeing in the dark.

You can easily spend 3hrs if you marveled at every stalactite and stalagmite that comes in your way. The route is about choices. Choose the path that started sweet and smooth but end in horror or start out tiring and steep but come down gentle. As the guide told us in Mandarin 先甜后苦 or 先苦后甜. There is also a twin gate which says "path of Longevity" vs "path of Happiness". Both paths joined in the end, probably just some sort of crowd control gimmick. It used to be Wealth vs Happiness, but I guess people just wanted Wealth. Towards the end of the route, you will get a boat ride, loved it.

I have mixed feelings about the rainbow lighted theme though. It made the place less natural. But then again, it's impossible not to have lighting in this place, and white lights may just make it boring instead of natural anyway. The stalactites and stalagmites were formed after hundreds of years of liquid dripping. As usual, the Chinese has fanciful names attached to every stalactite and stalagmite as what they did to the mountains and rivers.

I was there with Chris Tan, from Zhangjiajie Kangtai. I'm not sure if we will get lost. There were many other groups around so you can possibly go with the flow. But you probably won't get to know the shortcuts or choices to make.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank kuodoc
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

You can never be sure of the weather in zhangjiajie so when the rain and clouds come this is a great activity.

For 100yuan or roughly $20 aud you pay the entry fee for this giant cave and boat ride. We had a few issues because we were told that people with disability go free. When we went to the ticket check they said only chinese with disability go free. So then why does it say in english that children elderly and disabled go free? I will be informing the office to change the board. This caused great confusion and wasted a lot of time.

There is a lot to see here but i do recommend avoiding the chinese crowds. You can spend a couple of hours here no problem. Be sure to enjoy the garden before you leave.

As always, photos cannot do the place justice so you have to go yourself!

1  Thank ivana-banana
Reviewed 10 November 2017

A fantastic cave that will blow your mind! Be prepared for some stair-walking and wear comfortable shoes.
I think this place can be crazy crowded at some times. I went there in November, and me and my friend could see everything at our own pace.