Open today: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Huangshi Village
from USD 361.50
More Info
All reviews golden whip walking path yellow stone national park cable car monkeys backpack scenery sandstone mountains
Reviewed 1 week ago

Take the Huangsi cablecar up and make a beautiful hike of 2 hours in this part of the parc. The views are amazing and it is relatively quiet in this part of the parc.There is a trail to walk down and you will end up half way the Golden Whip again or you take the cablecar back down to the busstop.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved this area, actually we loved the whole park. It is amazing how far the karsts go. Trying to capture this place in a photo does not do it justice. This is a must for any visitor to Chnia.

1  Thank John and Deb K
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The best decision I made when visiting Zhangjiajie is to visit the Yellow Stone Village!!!

Due to the road constructions, tour groups are not visiting this place as it is quite inconvenient but for small groups or individual visitors, it will be easy. You just need to take the shuttle bus to the city center (yes, I'd suggest you to do it before leaving the national park).

The bird's eyes view you can have is amazing! As there aren't many tourists, I have enough time to explore every place and enjoy the beautiful and quiet environment for the whole afternoon.

If time allows, I do recommend you to visit the Yellow Stone Village and pretty sure you will love it!

3  Thank satellite06
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I visited Huangshi Village the next day after viewing the Avatar Mountains by taking the Bailong Elevator, and I love this better. Try to walk a bit further and see more picturesque view. A lot of monkey here, never once feed them of they will keep following you. Never open your backpack in front of the monkeys. They could jump over your head or steal your bags and look for food.

3  Thank m0njc
Reviewed 15 May 2018

My first stop in Zhangjiajie / Wulingyuan area, although I have seen many pictures of Zhangjiajie before my visit, I still couldn't stop saying Oh-my Gosh when I was at the top. Only at that time you will understand, man, picture is picture, you have to be there to experience the beauty. I also have some writings at my blog at travelasialand.com

1  Thank Park H
Reviewed 20 April 2018

We spent an entire day to explore this area and the locals were very friendly. Its amazing how well protected the area is and we were fortunate to be able to explore.

2  Thank PushExplore
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This is definitely a must visit in ZJJ national park due to NO CROWD. All group tours are not yet allowed to come here so it is now still much « untouched » by the crazy crowds of Group tours. We came here by walking 2-3 hours along the Golden Whip stream then took cable car up. Going out of the park is only possible from this side by public bus to Wulingyuan station. RMB 10 per person. Road is not fully constructed yet this is why no group tours are coming.
The bad news is the road is about to be finished and group tours will then come and this place will lose its serenity except during winter perhaps...

4  Thank Willy L
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you very much Chris and Kelly who helped a lot to make our tour as more successful event.

The best English tour guides in Zhangjiajie and WulingYuan

With help of these two very nice people , we made our dream trip as a real one.

Starting from Lower cable car station we climbed up to the village and used to returned the same path via cable car. There was a walk path also. It's will be take 1.5 - 2 hours up and same duration or less for the down.

As Chris initiated we used the cable car for up and down.

There were two types of cable cars in this cable car station.
Glass Bottom Cable cars and steel bottom cable cars.
We selected Glass Bottom Cable cars for make it more attractive.

Huangshi Village ( Yellow Stone Village ) is the place with high altitude and covering by lot of mountains.

Stunning views all around the village.

There was a walking path along with the edge of the Village.It's take around 2-2.5 hours to complete.

It was a wonderful experience for us and we were very lucky to have lot of views from different view decks.

Have a nice Trip.

If anyone needs their tour guides support, please don't hesitate to contact me or them

3  Thank MikeJuliya
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

A very easy walk. Going up must be around 2hrs, going around the village 1hr, going down to golden whip stream is around 90minutes. 4hours must be enough to tour around the village. If you’re fit just walk. Its really nice just to walk and save some dollars for those cable rides. Pls be carefull with monkeys. They can really be agressive. Keep the foods inside your backpack and make sure its fully closed so monkeys cant spot ur snacks.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

There is the possibility to go all the way up and down by cable car. But the hike is so rewarding : meeting apes families, unknown species of birds, even crossing the path of a small river and eating snacks bought from the local street fruit seller... hours of sweat worth it.
there is sereval parcs around offering different ways to climb up the cliff specific from this region, glass floor path on the side of the mounting, cable car, full glass elevator on the edge of the cliffs...
If you are a student bring your student card entrance card for the parc offers you alf price. Don't lose your card, if you buy tickets for several day the card is nominative and reusable.

1  Thank MaylisC16