1,639 results
All reviews breakfast buffet chinese restaurant the club lounge spoke excellent english walking distance nice hotel comfortable bed other hotels business trip the hotel staff local cuisine hunan province would stay again five star spg city china
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I've been in this hotel several times for business and it's probably the best place in Changsha. I had a health problem and the hotel staff managed everything for helping me.
Internet works fine, which is hard to find in Changsha hotels, and the staff speak good English, which is also hard to find.
Summarizing, very good experience.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Neodidimo
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dearest Neodidimo,

It's so nice of you to provide us so positive comments about Sheraton Changsha for your several times stay. We are very glad to know that you had a comfortale stay here with our staff. The internet of our hotel is totally free for all guests and all the staff are willing to help every guest.

Wish you healthy and happy life! Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

This hotel offers excellent comfortable,quiet and clean room. The hotel serves delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner with very reasonable room rate. The hotel staff are very polite and helpful. This Sheraton Hotel is one of the few hotels that I gave full marks without any negative comments.

Room Tip: Choose room that are not facing the main road to enjoy quietness.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear bay328,

Thank you so much for your positive comments at Tripadvisor. We are so glad to get your full marks, that is grateful!

It is our pleasure to have provided you such a memorable stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next trip in Changsha.

With best regards

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Room style very plain but clean and comfortable! The breakfast has everything that is necessary and the service is excellent. Also the freshness is great, specially western breakfast all fresh prepared in the open kitchen. Frontdesk staff very professional and friendly! Location is great if you consider to visit the city center. A comfortable choice in changsha!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefan H
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Stefan H,

Thank you so much for your nice comment! We are so glad to know you had a memorable stay here with us. Thank you for mentioning our room, breakfast, fronddesk and location, your positive words and recommendation makes us grateful.

Wish you had a pleasant in Changsha and hope to see you again in the near future~

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

A guest experience begins with a "query", as most people will check or email the reservations to find out rates etc and make the necessary comparison before booking.

Well, all I can say is this hotel had me at "Dear Mr Ang...", reservations were detailed and accommodating. Angel who handled my query was professional and yet displayed a level of personal touch compared to the usual reservation verbiage. She is indeed a rare employee that the hotel can consider employing in higher roles.

The hotel lobby is nice and extravagant, and located next to a "mini-mall" that houses big fashion brands like Louis Vuitton etc. Rooms are spacious but a little too "empty". Absolutely love the scent of the lilies places in the room as it's a welcome fresh scent when you return to the room or enter the living room.

Executive lounge is the usual offerings but has a great city view, staff are attentive and accommodating assisting in ticket seat assignment liaison with the airline. Offers ala minute noodles and eggs cooked to your preference is a nice personal oriental touch.

Hotel can get a little busy during the usual check in and out timings, hence it would be good to upgrade and get an executive room that allows you to be checked in and out at the lounge away from the hustle and bustle.

All in all, a nice SPG hotel located in the heart of Changsha which is just 15 mins away from the south railway station which connects you to Guangzhou and our next stop Nanchang!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016

If you look at my other reviews, you'll notice that almost all of them are "Very Good" or "Excellent." It's rare that I give an "Average" or a "Poor" review, but I feel very strongly about this one.

I stayed at the Changsha Sheraton on Furong Road for about five days on business in August. I knew that being in Changsha was going to be a bit chaotic and stressful, so I looked forward to having a nice hotel to retreat to. But I found my experience so negative that I would hesitate to stay there again.

First, the service at this hotel was nowhere near what is expected of a four or five star hotel in China. In the five days that I stayed there, not once did anyone at the front desk or lobby/curb greet me with anything beyond and impassive stare and the most brusque of courtesies. The service was closer to that of a budget hotel in the 200 RMB range. Once, when I asked the concierge for a recommendation of a breakfast place nearby, he just grunted at me and said there were places on the street behind the hotel. There were two exceptions: the person who cleaned my room left me a kind note and some bookmarks, and the server in the Western restaurant smiled and was very attentive. Otherwise, I didn't get a smile or a pleasantry the whole time I was there.

Second, noise problems. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the 18th floor, but still heard incessant honking nonstop (as if I were on street level) all day until about eleven at night. The only time it was quiet was at about six in the morning on Saturday. I think this has to do with poor construction; my room in Shanghai was on the 12th floor and I had about 20% of the noise. But perhaps other hotels in Changsha are like this.

Third, it is a bit run-down for what it is. The rooms are well-appointed, but a bit shabby. You can see spots in the bathroom where there have been leaks and water stains, and where bits of tile have fallen out and have been haphazardly patched. This is obviously not a deal-breaker, but I think the first and second points are.

The only thing the hotel has going for it is location, though your cab driver will have to do a lot of looping around in order to drop you off at the front door. The staff at the curb will do nothing to help you hail a cab; you have to stand in the middle of traffic outside and do it yourself.

Room Tip: Higher up is better, but no matter what you are on a main artery that is backed up all day.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Dear HongKongSojourner,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding our hotel - Sheraton Changsha Hotel.

It is regrettable that our hotel customer service are did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize if you may have experienced any inconvenience. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that it is in our continued efforts to maintain and improve our amenities in order to be consistent in giving our valued guests the best hotel experience possible.

Once again thank you for the constructive feedback and we do hope to be able to welcome you back to restore your faith in us at Sheraton Changsha.