We stayed at the lodge a number of times before the recent renovations. We loved it then. We have watched reviews since it was totally updated and renovated and finally had a chance to go and stay. We couldn't get a room in the main lodge which is where we've stayed in the past, so we booked a room in one of the cabins. It was just wonderful. The cabin room was huge, the bed comfortable. The Lodge restaurant, patios, fireplaces were perfect. We were glad they didn't do the upscale, overpriced kind of restaurant. There were enough options on the menu for anyone without spending a fortune. Service was great. I left my cell phone in our booth at dinner and one of the maintenance guys drove me back up the hill to my cabin. We have already told all our friends who have stayed they with us in the past to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the banks of the world famous Cheoah River, the Historic Tapoco Lodge is home to 7 lodge rooms, 2 lodge suites, and 18 guest cabin rooms. With miles of private hiking trails, nightly campfires, and an onsite movie theater, you won't soon wish to leave. Our in-house Tapoco Tavern combines the very best of classic pizzeria and all American flavors with a riverside view and environment unmatched in all of Western Carolina. Order up a brick oven pizza for the family or indulge in the house favorite, "The Dam Drink" from our full-service bar. From steaks, burgers, salads, hummus, and local Carolina Mountain trout, there's something for everyone. Come explore Western Carolina and relax with us at the Historic Tapoco Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville
- Tapoco Hotel Robbinsville