“Good place, cheap.”
Review of Phillips Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Phillips Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Robbinsville
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I got a room with a king size bed. It is an older motel but it was clean. My friend got a room with a double bed and his shower was really small with no counter space at the sink.

I will stay there again. The lady at the desk, Reba, made me smile.

If you are looking for the Hilton this aint it. But if you are looking for a clean place to drop for the night you will enjoy it. Especially of you are a biker because there are other bikers around to talk to.

Room Tip: Rooms with the double bed have small showers. If you want a regualr shower, ask for a room with bigg...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

My husband, I and another couple stayed at the Phillips Hotel June 23td through June 28th. The room was very comfortable with free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave. The location was prefect to walk to town for dinner, breakfast, ice cream and stores for those snacks and items you might have forgot to pack. The hotel is very bike friendly and had a cover parking for our bikes. Talking through the bank teller window didn't bother me one bit since the owner Reba was so sweet and helpful. Oh don't forget to bring a hair dryer since there are none in the room.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mlblair
Reviewed 26 May 2016

When I made plans for my trip to Robbinsville, I was looking for a room with two queens and the Phillips Motel was what was available. I checked in through the old bank teller window as noted by another reviewer. The woman behind the counter kept forgetting to hit the talk button so I could not hear what she was trying to tell me most of the time. The she answered the telephone and continued her conversation. I had to interrupt to ask where the room was...she kept talking and pointed to her right.
The room was decent though old. The bathroom was very small with a floor that was not level. The shower stall had drain flies and there was a used bar of soap left from the last occupant. The air conditioner did not blow cold air - which would not have a big problem since the night was cool. But, with the windows open, cigarette and cigar smoke drifted in through the windows form the people smoking in front of their rooms. Seemed almost pointless to have non-smoking rooms with smoker's butt stands in front of the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 26 October 2015

The room was ok -- nothing special. The check in was labored - through a bank teller like window and the lady Reba -- did not know when to push the button to talk. It was not pleasant.

The reservation was done over the phone since Reba (who is getting to old to handle the front desk) told me they have no online reservation system (in fact later while there I found they do)

She could not find my name --- I told her it was room 108 and finally she found it. ---- all this while trying ineffectively to talk thru a window with push button microphone

Another couple from Chicago -- were denied lodging cuz she could not find their name -- very stressful.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank MikenBern
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

We arrived in Robbinsville later in the day. Driving around, we turned around at the Elementary School. Across the road, there was Phillips Motel. An older, rock building. Thought it'd be a neat place to stay. A couple of guests were enjoying sitting by the firepit. Plenty of wood for a fire. Almost full, we took the efficiency and enjoyed 2 bedrooms, livingroom, kitchen, etc. That left 1 empty room. Comfortable and clean. Rested well. If you go in the fall, you might check into making reservations due to increase in tourists plus motorcycles going on The Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank purkeycat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robbinsville
0.6 km away
9.8 km away
Buffalo Creek Bed and Breakfast
Buffalo Creek Bed and Breakfast
#5 of 12 in Robbinsville

Been to Phillips Motel? Share your experiences!