“Afternoon lunch after a day at the museum.”
Review of Oakwood Cafe

Oakwood Cafe
Ranked #170 of 1,609 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: Argentinian, Cuban, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Wanted to fine a place to eat, after a day at the museum. Incredible Cuban/Argentinian food!
We had Cuban sandwiches, Ropa Vieja with white rice and black bean mix with sweet bananas, and a baby churrasco. It was great! Loved every bite! And the Flan was delicious. Would go again!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Amazing food! We wanted to try everything so we just asked the waitress for her favorites. The Roasted Pork was flavorful, the Picadillo was delicious and our favorite was the Chicken Napolitana! The choice of sides is unique and fun with fried yuca, fried plantains, black beans, red beans, spinach and rice, mashed potatoes, I want to go back to Raleigh just to go eat here again!!! The service was excellent. This place has a real family run feel.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My wife and I dined here and had truly yummy breakfast. The menu is not huge but what we choose was incredible. My wife had eggs, grits and cuban toast and I had a omelet,cuban toast and we both had the plantains. The cuban toast and and omelet where both great but the plantains where out of this world. The atmosphere is low key and causal. We will be back!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I ordered grilled chicken for lunch--didn't eat much of it. This is about as far away from "farm to table" as you can get. The side salad had iceberg lettuce with my choice of bottled dressings!?!. The chicken was tiny cut-up pieces, complete with of gristle; seemed like it was prepared the day before. Not inexpensive--my bill was over $20 with drink and tip. The server was attentive. Cozy atmosphere- we sat in a booth which was comfortable.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We go here on weekends for a great breakfast and also sometimes for lunch and dinner (the Chimi Steak is great and a "must" is the Rice with spinach. Always good, filling and tasty food at Oakwood Cafe!

Been to Oakwood Cafe? Share your experiences!