“Good food, good quality”

The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
Ranked #21 of 1,572 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Cowfish brings to the world the first restaurant focusing on offering both the best sushi AND the best burger in town. Fresh, innovative and delicious, the sushi segment of the menu is powered by the success of sister company, eeZ Fusion & Sushi. All natural, creative and hearty, the burgers entice with fresh, never frozen, ingredients and bold flavors. Spiked hand-spun milkshakes, premium sakes, craft beers, wine and 10oz exotic martinis round out a huge bar menu that is sure to please. The Cowfish aims to offer something for the entire family. Scrumptious appetizers for sharing, hot soups and entree-sized salads, homemade desserts and a fun kid's menu are joined by our signature creations that we call "Burgushi"! A cutting edge fusion of burger and sushi, burgushi items include sushi rolls created using burger components, and pick-up style sandwiches created using sushi components. If you can't make up your mind, try a bento box to sample a mini-burger along with your choice of sushi roll and three tasty side items!
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Put GPS to Harris Teeter on Six Forks for parking. Revolving door front entrance. Food good. Large amount we could barely finish. A lot of choices. Burgers are big, but the one for the bento sort of like a meatball slider. Good place to try.

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks for joining us Amy! Glad you enjoyed your meals! Just as an FYI for the next time there is plenty of parking in the large decks right next to us:) Hope to see y'all again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband and I love this place. Any time we are in Raleigh, we try to stop here for dinner. It's a great concept, and it works for us because I like sushi and my husband typically can't eat seafood. He has the bison burgers which are the best burgers he's ever had (I think they are amazing as well, but prefer to order the sushi). I've gotten the land and sea roll multiple times, as well as their signature burgooshi, a sushi roll made with the bison meat in the center instead of fish. Sounds unappetizing, but is truly a great tasting dish. I also order nigiri, usually mackerel, as well with my meals. We get the calamari to start, which is great. My husband can eat is because it comes with an amazing thai dipping sauce (we always ask for a little extra). The have a great cucumber salad side as well. The desserts are HUGE. We've ordered one once, and it was over 6 in tall. It was a layered cake and ice cream dessert. We barely finished half of it between the two of us.

This place is a little pricier, but won't break the bank. We spend about $60 for two entrees, app, and tip included.

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

So great to hear! Thanks so much for sharing!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Perfectly cooked burgers with fresh creative ingredients! I had the Jalapeno Popper burger...creamy and spicy! Dessert was a lemon pound cake with icecream and fresh berries...pound vake could have been a bit lighter/fluffier...but this was my only qualm. Customer service was great. Will definitely hit this spot again. The Apple App is great to place your name on the waiting list (we initially had a 2 hr wait) if you're within the 4 mile radius...we ended up sitting at the bar which was cool.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

When we visited Orlando last year we absolutely loved the Cowfish there. So much in fact that we went back twice in our trip. Then to show how much we loved it, we specifically created a weekend trip from Bethesda, Md to visit the closest Cowfish. Don't get me wrong it was great! We loved the food that we got, but it was not as amazing as the one in Orlando.

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thanks so much for joining us and for making the trip!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We always hit Cowfish on our trips to Raleigh. We are usually pleased and can’t wait to return- but on this trip we felt that some of the charm was missing. The waitstaff did not seem happy in general and the quality of food seems to have dropped. My husband ordered a sushi combination platter, my son ordered the shrimp tempura roll and I ordered a spider roll. My son, who is 10, enjoyed his roll as always. My husband felt that he has had better sushi elsewhere. I decided to return my roll, which is something I very rarely do- but there was hardly any crab. The bartender didn’t want to deal with it, so she got her manager. The manager had the kitchen make a new roll and he said he would check with me to see that I was satisfied... but he never returned. What else is there to say?

Jenny B, Guest Relations Manager at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi there!

Thanks so much for joining us and for sharing your experience. So sorry to hear we missed with you all! Hate to hear this trip was not the best! Please email me at feedback@thecowfish.com so we can connect and I can make things right ASAP! If easier you can give me a call at 980.207.9055 anytime. Really sorry to hear this is how things went; I look forward to hearing from you soon and getting to the bottom of things. Thanks again for letting us know. We are on it!

Been to The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar? Share your experiences!