“Pretty Good”

Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 1,546 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The Hibenrian Pub seems to be a popular sports bar. I went during lunch so less of that vibe then but there is a lot of sports memorabilia. There is a lunch menu or you can order off of the regular menu. I went with a burger and side salad. It was very good. The service was a little off as drinks were not refilled and then a few ordered dessert but the rest of us were not asked if we wanted anything.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Seven of us went in about 7 p.m. and we were simply left to choose our own table. The place is like a maze with many bars and many rooms. We finally found a large table in the last room but unfortunately it was near a bar with a particularly loud, very "happy" young woman. Even the teenagers in our group were unhappy with the woman and her language as we had younger children as well. No one from the staff ever spoke to the customer and she continued throughout our meal.
The food was average---burgers were ok---mac and cheese was good. Prices were fairly reasonable and portions were large. When we finished eating, we sat and sat waiting for our server. I could see into the next room and the bartender and two waitresses were having a great time with their phones. Eventually one showed up.
All this and the place was three-quarters empty...I don't think we will return.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Unbelievable! This place made my day, and my anniversary!

This fish was perhaps the best fish I've ever had!

This item was indeed a "special". The Fish N' Chips were plated beautifully. The fish batter was golden, and crispy, with occasional little flaky twisted tendrils of deliciousness that often comes with wonderful fried foods. The batter was lightly textured, with the delicate non- greasy texture of a good fry. the fish itself was flaky, perfectly white, and fresh served atop a thick cut generous portion of chips. The dish was served with a little cup of tangy tartar sauce which was almost unnecessary.

We also tried the battered mushrooms, which were a delightful grouping of four breadcrumb fried cream cheese stuffed delicacies. These, again, were perfectly fried (completely different batter - an indication this chef knows what he's about), but needed a pinch of salt. This appetizer arrived with a garnish dip of bleu cheese, which was nicely prepared with small chunks of bleu cheese perfect for dipping.

We finished off with a brownie sundae - decadence after pub fried food.

The staff, management, and especially the chef aimed to please, and went above and beyond. I've never had this happen. Not once.

True Raleigh hospitality. True southern hospitality. I love this place.

We'll be back, and we'll be recommending this to friends and family!

Note:
Originally, my husband and I went here during the afternoon on our anniversary to try the Fish N' Chips, but because I have (shellfish) food allergies - the pub made special plans to have us back on a day when their fryer was clean and ready for someone with food allergies. We made reservations.

We haven't been so fortunate at other establishments, and we were delighted to find that someone understood both the dangers, and the accommodations necessary for someone with true food allergies.

When we first ordered, we expected to get a different item and be on our way, which is what has happened in the past. But, for the first time ever, this establishment was amazingly willing to make just one customer happy, so we came back.

When we did go back on a weekday they suggested to try their Fish N'Chips (and item I couldn't order when I first came) which is an item they bill as a House Special, and as you can see by this recommendation, we weren't disappointed!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Nice atmosphere inside the building, we stopped in for lunch. The service was good and the food was delivered quickly. Reasonable prices and good service for our group of seven.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for an Irish place with great prices for drinks and food, this is the place to be.

I'm not a college student and my experience here was ok. The service I would give 4 stars. The corned beef and cabbage was average. We ordered it to split and the server didn't bring out an extra plate but lucky for them that we are low maintenance. The dish wasn't as good as the other Irish restaurants in Raleigh or Cary.

The atmosphere is nice. It's your typical Irish pub. We sat outside and the only thing I wasn't a plan of was the smoke.

I think I would only come back for drinks at the most.

Been to Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!