“worst stay ever!! I”

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Ranked #65 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 12 December 2011

stopped at homestead suites for the night, as we were traveling thru Raleigh. This is the first time i have ever written a terrible review regarding a hotel!. room was dirty, floor not swept, cobwebs and dirt on floor, rug needed cleaning! overall condition of the room was terrible. Price of the room was good, but not good enough to stay in!, spent 1 hr and after 1 hr my husband and I just left. got a hotel down the street on hotwire for the same price and very very nice!. I even wondered if the bed sheets had been changed!.I believe I would stay in my car rather then stay at a homestead suite hotel! We did not ask for our money back, just left. Didn't even want to take my shoes off!

Room Tip: ask to see a hotel room, if not familar with a hotel, especially if it is a place never stayed at be...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley

Reviewed 28 August 2011

First inspections looked ok and from the outside the place looked nice and clean. After being in the room first thing was to make a cup of coffee. Simple task as there is a coffee maker in the room. Would be ok if with the coffee that maybe some creamer, powered milk or something, also sugar would be nice, I was under the impression that most people didn't drink coffee black without sugar. The person in the review that got 2 spoons and a fork was lucky as we didn't even get that. There was sketchy looking people walking outside so that problem hasn't gone away! Another thing was we got a non smoking room and there was cigarett burns on the TV and on the toilet seat? I wonder if they can put that down to the ventilation. By the way the only ventilation is the extractor fan in the bathroom? The tv was from 1980 but at least we did have doors on our closet so that's a bonus. I think I gave an extra star for that. Also they do have running hot water

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I read all the negative reviews on this hotel and was VERY hesitant to stay here but I had already booked it through priceline, so I was stuck. I called the manager and asked her about the reviews. She was very kind and honest and said she'd do her best to make my stay a pleasant one.

I arrived and met the manager and her and the entire staff were great. I had a few packages they had reserved for me and they were very accomodating and helpful. It was the kind of service I would have expected at a 4 star hotel.

The room was clean and neat and above what I'd expect for what I paid for. Everything was fine and I would definitely go here again and I urge everyone who sees the negative reviews to call the manager and give her and the hotel a chance. The hotel isn't a palace by any means - but why spend a ton of money on someplace you are just going to sleep in? For a price conscience business traveller this is exactly what I needed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank davidjamesmayer
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We were in Raleigh Christmas Day visiting family and just happened to see the sign on Glenwood Ave pointing toward Homestead Suites. We pulled in thinking this would be at least a hundred a night but was surprised when she said $49.00 per night.
The room had a small kitchen and was very clean.
The bed was a little hard and had no hairdryer but otherwise a very good room

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2010

This Hotel is the only place I will stay when I come into town. Very Clean, In a good location, and the staff is super nice! Please E-mail for more comments mandyrbrady@gmail.com

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Raleigh hotels
6.7 km away
9.4 km away
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast
7.1 km away
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road

Been to Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley? Share your experiences!