Ocean Isle Inn(Ocean Isle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 224
USD 202
The Winds Resort Beach Club(Ocean Isle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 236
USD 184
Hotels.com
USD 103
Priceline
Sleep Inn at Harbour View(Little River)(Great Value!)
USD 168
SleepInn
USD 164
USD 140
Priceline
All reviewssausage biscuitsocean frontcontinental breakfastoutdoor pooloceanfront roommyrtle beachoff seasonthe ritzbagelshot tubflat screen tvclean roomssmall fridgemake your own wafflesgreat oceangreat weekendbeautiful beach
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Recently visited Ocean Isle Beach for the first time. We selected the Islander Inn after locating online and then calling the business directly. The front desk staff was very friendly and able to help us with accommodations for March 31 - April 4. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The balcony was an added plus! My husband loved the parking options. The area was quiet and had a lot to offer to travelers including an inside and outside pool. Beach access was easy to navigate. I would definitely consider staying at this location again. The only disappointment was the breakfast. It was not welcoming and options never varied.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest, We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers. Your kind words about our property are very much appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity to see you again on a future visit to the Islander Inn! Warmest Regards, Islander Inn.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I planned a spur-of-the-moment trip to OIB (having never been there) and I checked TA reviews for a starting point. We have never traveled with our dog (other than to one family member's house in another state) and definitely never stayed in a hotel with her. I decided on the Islander Inn and booked. I actually got a slightly lower rate being over 50 (50 Y and 10 M!) This is my FIRST EVER "Senior" discount! A bittersweet moment indeed! Booking was effortless on the phone with the gentleman who answered. We arrived later than I'd planned due to some unforeseen work issues, and check in was easy with the lady in the office (I'm afraid I'm butchering her name though...Shante possibly?)

They wisely keep all guests with dogs in the far building (Bldg 7) so we found our room and began carrying out stuff in. Thanks goodness we had a 1st floor room as there are 3 short flights of stairs up to the FIRST level (8 steps, landing, 8 steps, landing, 8 steps, landing.) Two trips worth of gear had my fat butt wheezing! Also our dog is gun shy about climbing steps so I had to carry her up each time (about 3 -4 times a day) but I can't complain too much as they are willing to be pet friendly in the first place.

The rooms were very clean and the recent remodeling mentioned in several reviews and replies is obvious. As mentioned in other reviews, the walls are thin and the construction seems to "conduct" doors slamming and people walking more than most hotels (but not the worst I've ever been to.) Still I suggest earplugs and/or a sound machine if you think you will be a light sleeper. Daylight brings dogs barking and doors slamming and toilets flushing and car alarms. The beds were super comfy (I have had a spate of plywood hard hotel beds recently!) so that will up my opinion on "sleep quality" a bit.

The balcony was very nice to have, and had QUALITY poly-wood furniture, NOT the cheap WalMart patio furniture you see some places.

Our bathtub had a spot of finish missing, our shower curtain rod had rust on it and our bathroom vent was caked with dust and hanging slightly but these were minor issues. Water pressure in the shower was not much heavier than a garden water bucket but it was sufficient.

The breakfast was ample (I really enjoyed the make-your-own waffles). There was no meat but still for the cost of a room here I was amazed at the value of the provided foods! The area is small and was usually very packed (and bear in mind this was off-season.)

I definitely would stay here again, with or without the spoiled dog, and knowing to bring ear plugs and a sound machine. Overall, in spite of some little niggles here this is STILL one of the best VALUES in hotels I've experienced.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David K

Dear Valued Guest, We greatly value guests such as yourselves and are very grateful that you took the time to write a review. Your kind words about the Islander Inn are very much appreciated. We sincerley wish you all the best and really look forward to seeing you again either later this year or next! Warmest Regards, Islander Inn

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here during a cold snap midMarch. The wind was strong, and walking the beach was impossible. When you get a day like that, there’s nothing to do in OIB. Drive to Calabash (Christmas shop or numerous consignment shops), or on to MB or NMB and the shops, shows, outlet, or malls there. Restaurants in OIB are good, many with good views of the waterways. There are a couple of coffee shops.

The problem with OIB in the off season is that restaurants, the pier, and other things to do are closed down or have limited hours. Ask questions about what is open before booking. Don’t trust websites!

Now the hotel. The location is great, with beautiful small balconies/ocean views and right on the main drag. Rooms appeared to be clean. Indoor pool is heated. There’s aN indoor hot tub. Outdoor pool looked lovely. Beach access was convenient, the beach was lovely and few people were there that cold day. WiFi was good. Breakfast was ok (waffles, packaged muffins and the like, boiled eggs and fruit).Under 100 dollars a night off season. Things to ponder: There are handicapped rooms. There is an elevator. There are also many steps, which are probably the most convenient way to get to rooms, since the layout is numerous connected buildings. There is not much of a lobby, which isn’t great if you have a big group. Breakfast room is locked up after breakfast, so this area isn’t useable to “connect” with group members. There is a laundry available.

The hotel is old. Nothing fancy. Room walls are thin. Bathrooms are small. We had a small fridge and micro- also a coffee pot. Grout was cracked in the bath. We had a shower/bathtub combo. Small closet. Bed was a bit soft for our liking and sheets nothing special.

This place is bustling in the summer, with an active “save the turtles” group. You can actually watch turtles go into the sea if you time your visit right!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon! Warmest Regards General Manager Islander Inn

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Third time staying here. It is a family owned Inn on a sweet, small beach. It is quiet here (in March anyway) and we can bring our beloved dog with us. Building 7 is pet friendly. There are eight units per building, seven total buildings. All have stairs or there is one elevator. They have an inside pool that regrettably was not open this trip as it was closed for hot tub repair. We normally spend one evening in the hot tub and pool but were not able to do this this trip. Breakfast is good, waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, yogurt, sausage biscuits, etc.... served till 10a.m. Rooms have small refrigerator, microwave and small coffee pot. Iron, ironing board and hair dryer also included. Balcony side is the way to go. Dogs are not allowed on the beach from Memorial Day to Labor Day, just F.Y.I. All in all a great experience. Lowe's grocery store is not too far away and is a great place to shop. Myrtle Beach is about 45 minutes from here if you crave more to do. Give this place a go!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank TNfamilyatlarge

Dear Valued Guest, We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your vacation time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property as well as our wonderful beach and staff are very much appreciated. We are glad to be able to accommodate your pets. Again, we cannot say how much we look forward to seeing you at our hotel on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach. Warmest Regards, General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2018

The room was great and clean. Beautiful ocean view from the balcony. The bed was very comfortable (slept great). If I had known the room was up a flight of stairs, we would have asked for a room near the elevator.
I highly recommend this place. I expect that we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Ocean Isle Beach. Regards Islander Inn.