“Always very good. ”
Review of Roberto's

Roberto's
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Roberto's has been family owned and operated since 1985. Mama Roberto's son Chef David Robert Gundrum still uses many of his mothers original recipes and has added a few of his own over the years. Roberto's Menu has includes Pasta, Seafood, Steaks and Pizza.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We travel to Ocean Isle every year or two and always eat at least twice at Roberto's. The food is dependably of high-quality and the service is always excellent. Prices are reasonable for what you get. The seafood dishes our favorites, especially the mussels, and the pizza is the best in the area. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Folks, I have been coming to OI every year for the last 10 years and have to say we never ate at Roberto's. No reason, just didn't. Last year we ordered pizza from somewhere ??? and it was terrific. But , I forgot who we ordered it from, so I figured I would look at TA and see the reviews. Roberto's was pretty well recommended.So , I ordered some. Well, wrong decision.
It was horrible. Even my hungry grandchildren didn't eat it. The cheese pizza looked like a creamsicle, and tasted like one too. I have no idea how the other TA reviews said it was good. I am sad to post this review, but I need to stay real.
Remember, I have not eaten in the restaurant, so it may be great food & service??

Reviewed 5 August 2017

The food was good, not great. I had the special the evening I went. Service was good, atmosphere good. Would go back!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Quick service, decent Italian with salad and garlic bread included....
We had eggplant parmesan and a multi grain pasta topped with sauteed mushrooms and mozzarella.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Made reservation, highly recommend. The place is packed during the summer and the wait I understand can be long, especially with so many large groups being seated.

Ordered Bang-Bang Shrimp, Shrimp & Scallop Tuscany, and NY Strip (special).
Cheesecake we split for dessert.

Shrimp had nice flavor, not too spicy. Tuscany was wonderful, nice serving portion. The steak, that's a whole different story. Last steak available for the evening, overcooked, and my daughter choked on the first bite. Heimlich maneuver was not required, but was definitely the next step. The waiter was very apologetic and replaced her meal, even though she was quite understandably shy about eating anything. The cheesecake was smooth and soft on her throat, so that went down ok.

Overall, the restaurant is a lovely facility, the wait staff is pleasant and helpful, but the place is just too busy in the summer to provide what is certainly a wonderful experience any other time.