“disappointing birthday meal”

Victoria's Crabshack
Price range: USD 5 - USD 24
Description: Family restaurant with an inside bar, something for everyone! Seafood, steaks, sandwiches and salads.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We selected this restaurant on our recent visit to Ocean Isle Beach. It was my birthday and had looked forward to enjoying some seafood. Service was good and the waitress was attentive. Our food selections were mediocre. My husband ordered Victoria's Oysters. The quality of the seafood was substandard. He was very disappointed. I ordered the fish of the day - parmesan encrusted grouper. It was well prepared and tasty but the sides were poor. I would not visit this restaurant again - the quality of the food did not equal the cost.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My friend and I had dinner here a couple of weeks ago, and we were the first dinner guests that day. We were glad to have gotten there early, because right after we placed our order, it began to fill up with locals who obviously love the place! The calamari appetizer is the best I've eaten anywhere, the shrimp and oysters were very good, beer was cold, and our server was very nice. Will return next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We had such a nice casual night here! Two of us had the 1lb crab legs and they were juicy and large. We also had the raw oysters and they we excellent as well. We had such a great dinner we came back a second time!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We came on a Friday night at 6:15 and found empty tables. The problem is they don't have nearly enough staff! The hostess had to bus tables as well as handle the phone and seat people. The food was excellent. I loved the shrimp skewers and hubby liked the mahi. If they would hire two more waitresses, another bartender, and a busboy, it would be perfect. Oh yeah, FIX THE AIR CONDITIONING!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Well this isn't it!! Sub par food with a high price tag. Service was HORRIBLE! Take your business elsewhere if you value good food and service.