All reviews front porch casserole wine and cheese new owners swings and rocking chairs breakfast was delicious b bs gracious hosts antique furnishings q tips step stool wild rice interesting shops off street parking bed and breakfast other guests raw bar
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We picked the Harmony House Inn out of the blue from the web. We made a good choice. Our room was impeccably clean and well-appointed. But beyond that, it was comfortable, homey, and relaxing. The towels in the bath were new and lush, and the amenities were first-rate. The breakfasts were stunningly good, with different and delicious fare every day. The parlor offers a great place to sit, read, or converse. Being an August visit, we really appreciated the cold water available at the snack stand (don't skip the chocolate chip cranberry cookies in the jar). Administrative aspects of out visit were a well-oiled machine (Swiss efficiency?) with no glitches or surprises. Tracy and Gretchen were the perfect hosts throughout our visit...interested, helpful, thoughtful, and caring. We'll be back on our next trip to New Bern.

Room tip: All rooms looked good. We chose a ground-floor room for easy access and a corner room for lots of light.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Benjamin Ellis House Bed & Breakfast - Harmony House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us - please remember the Harmony House Inn for your next visit to New Bern.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We had a wonderful mid-week getaway to New Bern at the Harmony House. The location is perfect - Walk a couple of blocks to the shopping and restaurants or walk a couple of blocks in the other direction to the waterfront park. The breakfasts were excellent, and we met several wonderful folks staying there while we were there. Our room and bed were very comfortable. The new owners, Gretchen and Tracy, are slowly renovating the inn, and are very friendly and accomodating. The front porch is great for reading and relaxing and the on-site parking is great. We plan to come back when we can stay longer and explore the rest of New Bern.

Room tip: We stayed in the Coharie Suite - it was in the back corner of the inn and very quiet. Very comfortable bed.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Harmony House. Come back again soon to see our continued progress on the Inn - and watch our Facebook page in the meantime for latest pictures and newest additions.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Gretchen and Tracy are wonderful host. We booked on line and all was seamless and easy. The Inn is beautiful, and so welcoming! Porch swings, sitting rooms, fresh baked cookies, tea...ahhhh!
The bed was so comfy, great sheets. Gretchen has ice and wine glasses for us in the room when we returned from dinner. And breakfast, out of this world delicious. Close to fun attractions and restaurants for dinner. A great place to stay and enjoy.

Room tip: WE stayed in a room toward the back of the house
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Benjamin Ellis House Bed & Breakfast - Harmony House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Harmony House Inn. It was a pleasure meeting you and helping to make your visit to New Bern welcoming and special. Come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this historic inn. The breakfasts were different each day and delicious. They were also very plentiful. Our large bedroom was very comfortable with private bath and the inn is very clean.The hosts are very welcoming and helpful in recommending restaurants. There is off street parking which is important in this downtown area. There is a large front porch with rocking chairs, a great place for resting after touring the town and before heading to dinner.

Room tip: Large front room and separate air conditioning unit which we controlled.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Benjamin Ellis House Bed & Breakfast - Harmony House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us - come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I was checking prices to stay at this bed and breakfast and the two rooms were $109 and $129. As soon as I pushed "Book" it changed the prices to add $40 to each room! I called them and the lady got very defensive and would not let me finish my sentence. I told her that I didn't want to argue, that I just didn't understand why it said one price and then when I booked it, it changed it, She then hung up on me. I guess they don't want my business. I definitely don't want to stay in a place where they can't speak kindly to their customers no matter how nice the place is.

Room tip: Choose a different Bed and Breakfast and you'll be doing just fine.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Benjamin Ellis House Bed & Breakfast - Harmony House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

It is unfortunate that you experienced a differential in pricing information shown online. We due our utmost to ensure consistency of information across all platforms but we cannot verify all sites have the most current information, hence for questions we recommend calling. Our reservation page always has the correct pricing based on day of week, availability, and special event scheduling. When you called and I confirmed the reservation page gave the correct pricing information you chose not book with us. Hopefully, this misunderstanding did not prevent you from visiting the historic town of New Bern .