All reviews front porch new owners swings and rocking chairs b bs antique furnishings luxurious linens step stool wild rice interesting shops gracious hosts off street parking breakfast was delicious other guests bed and breakfast appointed rooms four poster bed raw bar
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Gretchen and Tracy are wonderful host. We booked on line and all was seamless and easy. The Inn is beautiful, and so welcoming! Porch swings, sitting rooms, fresh baked cookies, tea...ahhhh!
The bed was so comfy, great sheets. Gretchen has ice and wine glasses for us in the room when we returned from dinner. And breakfast, out of this world delicious. Close to fun attractions and restaurants for dinner. A great place to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: WE stayed in a room toward the back of the house
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Harmony House Inn - Benjamin Ellis House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Harmony House Inn. It was a pleasure meeting you and helping to make your visit to New Bern welcoming and special. Come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this historic inn. The breakfasts were different each day and delicious. They were also very plentiful. Our large bedroom was very comfortable with private bath and the inn is very clean.The hosts are very welcoming and helpful in recommending restaurants. There is off street parking which is important in this downtown area. There is a large front porch with rocking chairs, a great place for resting after touring the town and before heading to dinner.

Room Tip: Large front room and separate air conditioning unit which we controlled.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Harmony House Inn - Benjamin Ellis House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us - come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I was checking prices to stay at this bed and breakfast and the two rooms were $109 and $129. As soon as I pushed "Book" it changed the prices to add $40 to each room! I called them and the lady got very defensive and would not let me finish my sentence. I told her that I didn't want to argue, that I just didn't understand why it said one price and then when I booked it, it changed it, She then hung up on me. I guess they don't want my business. I definitely don't want to stay in a place where they can't speak kindly to their customers no matter how nice the place is.

Room Tip: Choose a different Bed and Breakfast and you'll be doing just fine.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Harmony House Inn - Benjamin Ellis House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

It is unfortunate that you experienced a differential in pricing information shown online. We due our utmost to ensure consistency of information across all platforms but we cannot verify all sites have the most current information, hence for questions we recommend calling. Our reservation page always has the correct pricing based on day of week, availability, and special event scheduling. When you called and I confirmed the reservation page gave the correct pricing information you chose not book with us. Hopefully, this misunderstanding did not prevent you from visiting the historic town of New Bern .

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Great B&B in New Bern, NC. Circa 1850 so cool to experience a slice of history. We booked the same day arrival and Tracy was so awesome on the phone we knew we would have a great stay. AND we did. It's the details and the thoughtful touches that really lets you know they care. Late night cookies and tea available!

This is the home to PepsiCola and the town is so quaint and really great to walk around! A must visit!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Harmony House Inn - Benjamin Ellis House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. So glad you enjoyed the home made cookies always on hand. Come visit again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The innkeepers have only been there a year and a half. Sounds like they are upgrading all the time. Saw several rooms as they weren't busy the night we were there. The beds in some rooms were very high and needed a step stool to get up into. Something to ask about if you don't want to deal with the steps. Owners were very friendly. Fresh cookies, soda, snacks and coffee available all the time. A wonderful breakfast served at 8:30.

Room Tip: Second floor may be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baefer

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in New Bern. Yes, we are upgrading all the time - most recently we replaced all the beds with low profile box springs. Many rooms still have four poster beds but they are not so high anymore that you need a step stool to get into bed at night!