All reviewsfront porchnew ownersswings and rocking chairsb bsantique furnishingsluxurious linensstep stoolwild riceinteresting shopsgracious hostsbreakfast was deliciousoff street parkingother guestsbed and breakfastappointed roomsfour poster bedraw bar
Reviewed 25 June 2017

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this historic inn. The breakfasts were different each day and delicious. They were also very plentiful. Our large bedroom was very comfortable with private bath and the inn is very clean.The hosts are very welcoming and helpful in recommending restaurants. There is off street parking which is important in this downtown area. There is a large front porch with rocking chairs, a great place for resting after touring the town and before heading to dinner.

Room Tip: Large front room and separate air conditioning unit which we controlled.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Harmony House Inn - Benjamin Ellis House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us - come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I was checking prices to stay at this bed and breakfast and the two rooms were $109 and $129. As soon as I pushed "Book" it changed the prices to add $40 to each room! I called them and the lady got very defensive and would not let me finish my sentence. I told her that I didn't want to argue, that I just didn't understand why it said one price and then when I booked it, it changed it, She then hung up on me. I guess they don't want my business. I definitely don't want to stay in a place where they can't speak kindly to their customers no matter how nice the place is.

Room Tip: Choose a different Bed and Breakfast and you'll be doing just fine.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Harmony House Inn - Benjamin Ellis House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

It is unfortunate that you experienced a differential in pricing information shown online. We due our utmost to ensure consistency of information across all platforms but we cannot verify all sites have the most current information, hence for questions we recommend calling. Our reservation page always has the correct pricing based on day of week, availability, and special event scheduling. When you called and I confirmed the reservation page gave the correct pricing information you chose not book with us. Hopefully, this misunderstanding did not prevent you from visiting the historic town of New Bern .

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Great B&B in New Bern, NC. Circa 1850 so cool to experience a slice of history. We booked the same day arrival and Tracy was so awesome on the phone we knew we would have a great stay. AND we did. It's the details and the thoughtful touches that really lets you know they care. Late night cookies and tea available!

This is the home to PepsiCola and the town is so quaint and really great to walk around! A must visit!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HHI1853, Owner at Harmony House Inn - Benjamin Ellis House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. So glad you enjoyed the home made cookies always on hand. Come visit again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The innkeepers have only been there a year and a half. Sounds like they are upgrading all the time. Saw several rooms as they weren't busy the night we were there. The beds in some rooms were very high and needed a step stool to get up into. Something to ask about if you don't want to deal with the steps. Owners were very friendly. Fresh cookies, soda, snacks and coffee available all the time. A wonderful breakfast served at 8:30.

Room Tip: Second floor may be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baefer

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in New Bern. Yes, we are upgrading all the time - most recently we replaced all the beds with low profile box springs. Many rooms still have four poster beds but they are not so high anymore that you need a step stool to get into bed at night!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

This has always been one of our favorite places to go when my husband and I visit New Bern. The last time we were in New Bern there were no rooms available but this time we were able to get one. I was sorry to hear about Suzi's husband (the former owners) husband passing and her moving back to Alexander, Va. but I am happy she has family there. She was so missed. The new owners are wonderful and there couldn't have been a better choice for new owners. They are so knowledgeable in how to run a bed and breakfast. Very friendly, pay attention to detail, listen to your needs and the Inn is even more beautiful than before. The breakfast was excellent, our room was so clean and the bed so comfortable. Very quiet and relaxing. Love the front porch. Harmony House is within walking distance to everything. If you want a quiet weekend get away or a romantic one, this is the place to go plus you're only 40 minutes from Beaufort, NC. The price is great too! We will be back. Thank you so much for a great stay!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your very kind words! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope you will be back to see the continuing improvements we are making to the Inn.