“Best chicken and waffles”
Review of Bakers Kitchen

Bakers Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 23 October 2015

While visiting a friend in New Bern we stopped in to Bakers Kitchen for lunch. I had the chicken and waffles. It was the best I have had. The butter sauce was excellent.I was very expressed. Can't wait to come back and dine there again.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

This place was recommended to us by a friend. He said it was an awesome place for breakfast, but we caught it for lunch. We weren't disappointed. There was quite a wait on Sunday after church. They took our cell phone number and called when our table was ready. No problem waiting, though, as downtown New Bern was decorated to the hilt with some of the most clever Halloween/Fall windows. We loved the hot, fresh rolls with sweet butter while we waited. We weren't disappointed with our BBQ meatloaf or chicken fried steak entrees. LOVED the dutch potatoes (oh my!), fried okra. No room for dessert, but it sure did look good. So did the baked goods...but we were on our 'best' behavior! :D

Reviewed 17 October 2015

The welcome was warm and genuine and we were seated very quickly. Fast excellent service and they even accommodated a slight change in the menu when it came to the type of soup and sandwich combo.
We asked a few questions about the area out of interest of this beautiful town and the conversation was pleasant and informative.
To top off our experience we even were given complimentary cookies at the end of our meal.

It truly was a step out of a busy world into a relaxing, inviting and welcoming kitchen, backed up by delicious food. (I had the tomato soup and strawberry salad!)

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Bakers Kitchen has one great breakfast. My husband said his breakfast was one of the best he has ever had away from home. The grits were even perfect. We went back for lunch, I am not a breakfast person, and he was again a happy camper. The vegetable plate was perfect for my cousin, and I. Real home cooked, delicious, his wife had a chicken salad sandwich and again she said it was perfect. We will definitely return on our next trip to New Bern.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

This was our 3rd time eating here. The location is great right in downtown New Bern. The interior is very cute and clean. My husband had the "Farmer's Wife", french toast, scrambled eggs and link sausage. He enjoyed it, especially the syrup. Our son had marinated chicken breast, greens and french fries. I believed he enjoyed it since he cleaned his plate. I had 1/2 hot turkey sandwich and soup of the day. The soup was chicken and rice. I was looking forward to a hot or at least warm bowl of soup since the day was a little cool. The soup was served at room temperature. I notified the waitress and the soup was reheated. The next time I will stick to just the sandwich which was very good.