“Good food, friendly wait staff - was slow.... But no biggie”
Review of Spunky McDoogle's

Spunky McDoogle's
Ranked #29 of 180 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Went for a late dinner around 9 - and still there were a decent amount of patrons. This place is popular with the locals - always a good sign.

We did wait a long time for our food but we're in no hurry. I had also been warned to expect that. Our waitress was very nice and attentive and the place was pretty clean.

Tables had ample room and the food was good. I tried the fried mushrooms (good), lobster bisque (good flavor) and chicken philly (good) - and the kids chewed down the chicken tenders.

I would go back and I would Recommend this place - overall is was very good.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

This neighborhood joint was recommended by the locals. Located in a strip mall, parking is a premium! Place was packed inside also, but we were seated promptly. Hubby ordered beef tips and spunky fries and I had fish and spunky fries. Tried one of his beef tips which tasted dry to me and he said they were nothing special. My fish was good, mild and flakey. Spunky fries seemed to be nothing more than regular french fries. Waitress was as attentive as she could be, considering how busy she was, stopping by several times to see how we were doing and kept the drinks coming. An ok local spot.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Great home cooked meals!!!! Great waite staff!!!! Very friendly. Feels like grandmas kitchen. Have been through the menu once and haven't had a bad meal yet.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

My father took me here as a change from the restaurants we normally frequent in New Bern. The food isn't elegant but it's hearty & the prices are low. The waitress we had was smart (my father, who is from northern NJ, jokes w/waiters & waitresses & most of them down South don't understand that he is kidding or, if they do, don't get his humour; this one did.) It's noisy so fine for the entire family.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Even though the hot hamburger plate is an entree we had to get it as an appetizer because it is SO good! My boyfriend got the spicy bacon burger and loved every bite. I got the smothered chicken and it was amazing. We will be coming back!! We love Spunky McDoogle's!!