“Freshest Fish and yummy hush puppies”
Review of Sting Ray Cafe

Sting Ray Cafe
Ranked #14 of 181 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We stopped in here after going to the Farmers Market in New Bern. The place looks like a dive from the outside (from the inside too), but you know the fish is fresh as they sell it fresh in the shop next door...which is attached. My husband had the fish and chips and I had the clam chowder. They had fried green tomatoes the day we were there and the taste was out of this world ...crispy fried and yummy inside. The hush puppies are the best anywhere. Would go just for those. We have been there two times and had a very nice waitress both times.

2  Thank maggie n

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Had a recent family outing to Stingray and must say it seems to get better every time we visit. The food was deliciously prepared with very adequate portion sizes. Our waitress was very attentive to our needs for refills and other extras. Very casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

Stopped in for early lunch. Overheard a waitress telling some other customers that Stingray was the restaurant for the fish market next door, which was family owned for many years. Great fish sandwiches and award winning hushpuppies.

1  Thank Ed H
Reviewed 3 July 2015

My husband had the fish stew and one of their specials (fish platter). I had their pulled pork and onion rings. Their hush puppies were good.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Outstanding fresh local seafood supplied by the market right next door. My order took along time because the cook burned it and had to cook another. Because of this they brought me complimentary soup and offered a discount on my meal. Outstanding service.