All reviews oceanfront efficiency room was clean our rooms were ready the outer banks hotels motels located within walking distance late checkout mom and pop view from the balcony beach road beach vacation beach access sand sam keys dunes accommodations
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Had to book a room at the last minute and this was all that was available on the beach side. I wasn't expecting much and didn't get much. With that said, the place is a strong value. My room was clean. Everything was in working order - including the microwave and mini-fridge. Bed was a tad small for being a double, but comfortable. Superb location with a very friendly and helpful staff. I probably wouldn't want to stay a week, but for a night or two, it gets the job done! I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I have been fishing at the Outer Banks for 25 years. During that time have stayed in a range of motels, some better than others. However, this year our trip was canceled due to weather the day before I was suupposed to check in and Owen's had no problem canceling my reservation...WITHOUT ANY FEES !
There is no place I have stayed at on the Outer Banks that was so understanding. Every other motel charged me the full rate if my trip was canceled. I will be a completely loyal Owen's Motel user from this point forward and suggest it to anyone who asks just because of this simple act of customer service !

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
owensnagshead, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Thank you for making your reservation at Owens and for taking the time to send feedback to us on Tripadvisor. We were happy to honor your request and look forward to your next stay at Owens. We are so grateful for our front desk staff....such friendly and nice folks! We hope you have a great summer!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

friendly reception upon arrival. Staff made a photocopy of my drivers license. I protested for privacy reason and data protection. It was explained that a hotel booking website by that name requires all guests to submit drivers license for photocopy at check-in. There was no guaranty of identity data protection. The room was quiet, spacious and in an older motel complex across from the hotel pictured on the website. Jim Owens also owns the neighboring restaurant, which looks good (I did not visit). Room has fridge, micro and old-timey CRT television. Furniture upholstery sags. Small village market near by. On the low scale of quality and value, but an efficient and sufficient overnighter during my ride along the coast and islands.

Room Tip: only a few beach/ocean view rooms up-front, majority is motel style grouped in a courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank HermanTheGerman-inTX
owensnagshead, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us at Owens. We appreciate your feedback and Tripadvisor review. Owens Motel is the longest continuiously running Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce Member, for 70 years, run and operated by the same family. We have 62 rooms and are constantly working to upgrade our rooms and property. Thank you for understanding that we do not have the latest flatscreen TV's and refrigerators. Please come see us again!

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

We had an oceanfront veiw with beach access for a good price. I say value because it was not the Hilton. What it was, was a clean, neat, recently updated vintage facility with great charm and located within walking distance to everything you wanna do or eat! The bathroom was actually very well done and very modern! Loved that bathroom! If you were to stay here and not be ok with what you get for the price, well then I think you are to stuck up and have no idea what VALUE is!!! Great restuarant at Owens too!!! And a pool, but unfortunatly it wasnt open yet. It was ready, but waiting on local the inspector to give the ok.
Will return, Soon!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Chester C
owensnagshead, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Thank you Chester for staying with us at Owens Motel and taking the time to send us feedback on Tripadvisor. We appreciate it very much and hope you will return to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Room was clean, comfortable and efficient. Kids loved the pool. Service was friendly and accommodating. Hope to visit again soon..
Wish offered coupons towards rates.
Excellent location, close to shops, entertainment and food!
Great family vacation area.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn W
owensnagshead, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Thanks for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon